you are strongly encouraged to read this disclaimer.

It is GREATLY appreciated that you read this disclaimer before you start the story. I put this disclaimer here for a REASON. Please read it.

THIS STORY IS INTENDED FOR EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELIGIOUS BACKGROUNDS.

'Under The Covers' is my creation. This is all a work of fiction. Characters are fictional, celebrities are used for names and appearances only. This story is an alternate universe fanfiction, meaning the characters, including Harry Styles, have completely different lives and personalities. Any similarities found in my work are coincidental unless said otherwise. I will not tolerate any rewritten form of it or anything that is copied, and if I find anything, it will be reported as plagiarism.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

I appreciate constructive criticism. However, if you leave any hateful comments toward my writing, I won't care because I have dealt with plenty of hate during the early days of Wattpad. Please don't waste your time. Read if you're interested, leave if you're not. Simple.

This story takes place in ENGLAND, mostly Liverpool and a few other cities. I have been to Liverpool before so I will be using it as a setting for most of the story and I will be including locations I have been to, also a few places that I have made up in my head. However, there are a few places I haven't been to in England, but I will be mentioning those places as well so if I have anything wrong please let me know.

There are all sorts of diversity in this story, including race, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. PLEASE use an open mind as you read. Any sort of discriminatory behavior in the comments section will not be tolerated.

This story is VERY heavy on the subject of westernized culture and third-world culture AS WELL AS religion, especially Islam and Catholicism. I, the writer, am a Muslim myself, but I'll be doing extensive research on religion to make this as accurate as possible. If I am wrong about anything, PLEASE tell me.

This book is created to make sense of life between two different people. This isn't a strictly religious book. That being said, there will be 'SINFUL/NON-RELIGIOUS' topics mentioned in the story, including DRUGS/ALCOHOL, SEX/SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, HOMOSEXUALITY, ETC. The characters WILL COMMIT SINS. Again, please read with an open mind, as a Muslim, as a Christian, as an Atheist, or whatever it is that you are. Open-mindedness is important when understanding the concepts in this story.

The main female protagonist is a Muslim who undergoes major character development. Keep in mind that she is NOT PERFECT, DOES NOT WEAR THE HIJAB, and is STRUGGLING WITH HER FAITH AND WHO SHE IS. I want to portray westernized Muslims that actually EXIST. Muslim representation is so important to me and when I say that I mean I want every different individual Muslim to be represented aside from the common representation we have—a Muslim woman that feels oppressed because of her hijab—which I am tired of. If you are uncomfortable with who I am portraying, you're defeating one of the morals I am trying to exemplify. If you're looking for something religious, go read the Quran or the Bible.

I am in no way trying to normalize any sinning in this story. However, I am trying to portray real life, because there are lots of Muslims out there struggling. Muslims are not perfect, but Muslims like so deserve to be represented and encouraged to get better rather than being put down. I hope some of you learn the real lives of Muslims through this story. Again, this story is for everyone.

Harry Styles is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER in this story. Meaning every trait about his character is NOT affiliated with who he is in real life and he is used for his name, appearance, and noticeable/known traits/habits of his. PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND. Please do not attack me in the comments saying "he wouldn't do that" or "he doesn't believe in that" because I know. This is a fictional character, not the real Harry Styles.

There will be dialogue and thoughts containing different languages, especially Arabic and Tamil. I will specify what they mean in the comments section. I will be using internet slang, memes, and real-life topics in the political and social climate we are in today. There will be white people/colonizer jokes. All credit goes to who the memes belong to.

This story is heavy on ISLAMOPHOBIA, MENTAL HEALTH, and GRIEF. The characters have MANY flaws and they are NOT MEANT to be romanticized. The romantic relationship portrayed is heavy on emotional abuse/manipulation and incompatibility—this relationship is in no way meant to be romanticized but to show how to deal with the struggle of being caught in one. This story takes a big approach to realism.

Furthermore, this story is a journey of love, growth, and there are lots of boyfriend!harry in this.

Most of this story is inspired by my own experiences so I am trying to make this story as realistic as possible. I hope for you all to really learn some things from the characters, relate to them, grow with them, and to love yourself as they go through their journey. I'm trying to make this a very casual fiction, but obviously, the main themes are culture and religion, so it's a bit raw. It's supposed to be a read where you can sit back and relax, but it's also a bit of an emotional roller coaster for all of the characters. It is NOT a typical hijabi x white-badboy wattpad story.

I hope you laugh, cry, and are able to feel the emotions of the characters. This story is dedicated to all of my Muslim harries. We don't get the credit we deserve, do we?

Also dedicated to Zainab (lightsupzarry) for listening to me cry over these characters nearly every day, to Efrah (endlxss) who witnessed the same exact growth, and to Safa (litlaughs) because, without her, I don't know where this story would be.

I hope you all enjoy the story. PLEASE vote, comment, and share this story. Thank you so much.

- mar