Chosen One

The Kurosaki Royal Family
Of Scarlet Kingdom
Warmly invites you to

A Formal Ball

Grand Ball 20XX
Saturday, September 27
21:00

The Royal Ruby Ballroom,
The Palace of Scarlet Kingdom

Formal Attire

"I-is this real?" I exclaimed as I read the content of the invitation letter. The letter was indeed delivered to the right place as it has my name with royal ink and fancy writing on the envelope. "Wha-what should I—"

A sudden bang from the door was heard. "Y/N!! Open the door!" Said the familiar voice from the other side of the door.

Once I opened the door, pieces of paper slapped in front of my face. "Have you received one?!" She inquired.

"Y-yeah." I said as I took it off my face. "I have clothes to wear but what about you? You don't have enough money to buy or rent one, right?" She worriedly asked. This is my best friend, Uemura Orino. I call her Rino-chan.

I looked down. "I guess, I'll just pass this time—"

"What are you saying?! This is a opportunity to see the Prince up close!" She grabbed my arms and shook me. "I have a strong feeling about this, Y/N!"

"Eh? Aren't you a bit optimistic about this, Rino-chan? He doesn't even know we exists."

"And, you're being too pessimistic! Come with me." She dragged me out of my house and took me to her place.

"I have this absolutely cute dark red gown that would probably compliment the clothes of Prince Ranmaru!" She rummaged through her closet, several clothes flying all over the room.

"Assuming...?"

"Assuming he's wearing red or maroon, obviously!" She said. "Ah! Found it!" She revealed a cherry red off shoulder gown with one high cut on the right leg. The sleeves were see through and the top of the dress has rose red leaves with white pearls scattered as decoration, the same decoration applies as a belt on the dress.

 The sleeves were see through and the top of the dress has rose red leaves with white pearls scattered as decoration, the same decoration applies as a belt on the dress

(A/N: just make the dress dark red instead of blue)

"This looks way too fancy, Rino-chan."

"The fancier the better, Y/N. You want him to look your way, right?" She looked at me sternly.

I looked away. Just like every girl and woman in this kingdom, I like the Prince. The silver haired, heterochromia Prince Ranmaru Kurosaki.

And, I am just a simple commoner who barely has enough money to pay for her rent and food.

I sighed. "If you want him to at least know you exist, you should doll up for him." She told me.

"Fine."