TED WHEELER X COOKED CHICKEN

TED WHEELER SMILED as Karen set down cooked chicken onto the table. "Chicken?" Mike asked. "Again?"

    "Mike!" Karen shouted. "It's the only thing in the the freezer to have." Ted made sure of that. He'd taken everything out of the freezer and made sure that it was only chicken. "Weird, huh?" The blonde asked eyeing her husband.

"If all we're gonna have is chicken then I'm gonna go eat with Jonathan at his place," Nancy said, playing with her chicken.

𖣔𖣔𖣔

Ted Wheeler couldn't sleep. He tossed and turned and thought about his love. The fried amazing-ness of chicken. Though, he knew that Karen and the rest of them — even Holly — we're onto him. Soon, there'd be a family meeting saying that he would have to either quit it with the chicken or leave.

He pulled the blanket off him and walked to the kitchen. He went into the freezer and grabbed some microwavable chicken. So he couldn't be caught, Ted went into the basement to eat. After about twenty minutes, Mike came down. The boy seen his father and booked it back up the stairs. Mike was thankful for being able to run fast. He knocked on his parents door and opened it. "Mom! Dad's eating chicken again!" Mike shouted.

Karen pulled her face mask off and booked it out of the room. She seen Ted standing in the family room holding s plate of chicken. "In the morning we have an immediate family meeting," she demanded.

𖣔𖣔𖣔

Karen Wheeler sat on the sofa with Holly on her lap. Mike sat in his father's lazy boy with a price of paper in his hand. Nancy was swat beside her mother and sister also with a piece of paper. Ted came in through the front door. When he seen his family, he tried to book it upstairs.

"Ted Montgomery Wheeler, down here now," Karen called angrily. Ted sighed before turning around and went to his family.

   "What, Karen? Are you going to lecture me about my chicken obsession?" He asked.

   "We'd like to make a few statements," Karen said. "Holly, you go first."

   "StOp EaTiNg FrIeD cHiCkEn!!" Holly shouted. Nancy's eyes widened as she heard the words come out of her sister's small mouth.

   "Michael," Karen nodded to her son.

   "Dad, I'm only going to say this once. Eat anymore fried chicken and we'll get you fired from your job. El's father is the chief," Mike said. Ted rolled his eyes.

   Next was Nancy. "Dad, when I was five, do you remember taking me skating for the first time?" Nancy asked. Ted nodded. He was much better father twelve years ago. "Okay, and you remember how I was obsessed with these pink skates?" Another nod. "Your told me that addictions are permanent. That they never go away. This is not how I wanna see you. Sneaking around, eating fried chicken that is probably way past it's expiring date. So stop. Or you won't have a family."

  Ted hung his head before booking it into the kitchen. He grabbed all the chicken in the fridge and ran out of the house.

   𖣔𖣔𖣔

   It's been two months. Ted Wheeler got himself an apartment by town hall. His fridge was Finn ( i tried to put 'full' but it autocorrected to 'Finn' ) of fried chicken. Soon, he was forced to give it up, as he wasn't paying his rent and was sent to a holding cell in the sheriff's station. Karen eventually bailed him out and he was back living at home. His chicken obsession was years ago. Well, more like hours.

   But anyways, Mike, Holly, and Nancy got their father back and Karen got her husband back.

  THE END

  word count: 615

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐊𝐅𝐂! 𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧 ✔ 🎉