Power of Love - Starrison

2001 

November 29th, 2001 was the day I lost the love of me life.

One of the last times I saw him was in July. My daughter had brain surgery, so I couldn't stay with him for long. "Do you want me to come with you?" George asked.

"What? No, you can't. You have to stay here to get rid of the cancer, remember?" I couldn't believe he had suggested such a thing. That's what I loved about him, his selflessness.

"So? I've missed you, anyways. I don't want you to leave me." I was probably blushing at that point when he grabbed my hand. "Richard, I need to tell you something." He sat up with a bit of difficulty. I was scared by his tone and left immediately. That was a mistake. Me, him, and Paul went out for lunch a while later. I didn't say anything to him because I was a coward. About four months later, on the 26th of November, I got a letter.

Richard,

I'm dying. The cancer spread from my lungs to my brain, so this is the last chance I'll get to talk to you. It hurt my feelings when you ran out of the hospital on me, you know, but I understand I scared you. I still need to tell you something, I guess I'll have to do it like this.

I love you, so, so much. I know it's probably one-sided, but you needed to know. I'm sorry. I'm ready to die now. I'll miss you, so look for me when you're gone, okay? Thank you for all you've done. For getting me into The Beatles. For making me happy. For being my friend. For everything.

Love,

George

I dropped the letter, shuddering. "Oh my god." I tried to get to the hospital as fast as I could, but it took three days. Dammit! "George! George!"

"You made it," he whispered. "Today is my last. I almost died at my friend's house, I guess I held out long enough to see you again."

"No! You can't die on me, you can't! You're the youngest out of all of us!" I cried.

"Richie, this was meant to happen. I'm sorry."

I couldn't take it anymore. "I love you too!"

George looked at me, slightly surprised. "Make me happy one more time." I understood, and we had our first and last kiss. "Just promise me one thing."

"Of course, anything!" I was well into tears at this point.

"Wait for me, and love one another." Then he closed his eyes for good.

I miss him so much, but I've still kept going. For him. And I know my time is soon, getting closer with each passing day, and I'll see him again.