If I Die Young

Welcome to ‘If I Die Young’ everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read this story, it really means a lot!

PS: This story has also been published on FanFiction.net! J

Hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________________

If I Die Young

Chapter 1

The Wizard’s Apprentice

It was a beautiful morning in The Shire and all was silent but the sound of birds chirping from the arm-like branches. That is until a shaby cart pulled by a stout horse shambled by with two passengers…

“You’re Late”, a young Hobbit of The Shire complained loudly distracting the passengers from their peaceful humming,

“A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Both remain quite serious until a hint of a smile appears on the young Hobbits face and both simeltaniously burst out into merry laughter.

“It’s wonderful to see you, Gandalf!” Frodo said cheerfully while hopping onto the wizards cart. Both men hugged happily while a soft giggling could be heard from the back of the cart at the duo’s actions.

“I’m insulted! I cant believe you forgot about me, Frodo!” The voice said in a mock tone making the young man grin once more.

“Rosalie!”

“Heya, Kid.”

“I’m older than you are!” Smirking the womman replied in a joking manner,

"You certainly don’t look it.”

“Hey~” The boy-like man said in an offended tone.

Gandalf warmly chuckled at his apprentice and getting back on track, said,

“Alright, you two, there will be time for reunions later.”

Both pouted childishly at this as the two had not seen eachother in over 5 years so the wizard continued,

“Besides, you didn’t think we would miss your Uncle Bilbo’s birthday, now, did you?”

Frodo and Gandalf began a conversation about the ‘outside world’ as the wizard’s apprentice drifted off. She had seen enough of another world in the past 3 years and thus was uninterested so choosing to take in the beautiful scenery of The Shire the young woman’s ears tuned out the conversation between her Mentor and Long-time friend.

“Before you came along we Bagginses were very well thought of. Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected.”

Lightly chuckling the Sorceror replied,

“If you're referring to the incident with the Dragon, I was barely involved. All I did was give your Uncle a little nudge out of the door.”

"You never told me that one!” A childlish voice half cried from the back seat of the cart.

“Bilbo might tell you later, though I can’t promise that it won’t be a tad embelished.” Gandalf told the young girl he considered a granddaughter.

"I think he's going to tell it at the party. He'll say he won't, but he loves telling it." Frodo chimed in before turning back to the wizard.

“You've been officially labelled a disturber of the peace, you know, for whatever you did to get Bilbo on that trip.”