Aftermath(ANGST)

Triggers: Self-deprecation, self-hate, crying.

Enjoy~

Boxman sat up from the couch. He turned off the TV, stretching and casting a glance around the house he and Venomous shared. 

Looking at the clock, he frowned. It was late. Fink was already in bed. Venomous was usually out of his office by now. 

Sighing and standing, he made his way through the halls to the villain's study. 

He knocked, waiting for his lover to answer. 

All he got was a quiet, "Come in." 

Boxman complied. 

The room was relatively dark, lit by a desk lamp that gave the room a warm glow.

Venomous was sitting at his desk, slouched over his work. 

     "Honey? P.V.?" Boxman asked, not receiving a response, "Let's go to bed." 

Venomous shook his head weakly. 

     "No...I need to finish this." 

Boxman frowned. 

     "You need to sleep. You're only human." 

Venomous tensed up, mumbling something under his breath. 

     "What?" Boxman stepped closer, "I didn't catch that." 

Venomous hunched over more.

And then Boxman heard a sound. 

He'd heard that sound many times since the villain had shown up at this doorstep two years ago. 

After he'd appeared after almost a year of silence following SV's defeat, Boxman had been weary.

He hadn't suffered as much as others as a result of the possession, but he was still distinctly upset. 

But something about Venomous' teary eyes and flushed face from the cold had made his apprehension wash away. 

He'd invited him in, giving him a cup of hot chocolate and listening to his almost hysteric apology. 

Boxman had stayed silent until the villain before him had burst into tears and pleaded him for forgiveness. 

They'd moved in together again a month after that. 

And they'd gotten married a year after.

They were happy, Venomous was cared for and Boxman was loved. 

But it wasn't all perfect. 

Venomous refused to talk about what had happened during his time as SV, though he would freeze and clam up if it was spoken about. 

His mind returned to the present and the sound was gone, but the other tell-tale sign had replaced it. 

Venomous' shoulders were shaking with silent, heaving sobs. 

Boxman rushed forward and spun the villain's chair to face him. 

The scientist's hands were futilely trying to quell the tears that poured down his face. 

     "No, no, honey, what's wrong?" The cyborg brought his hand up and brushed his fingers across the other's cheek. 

     "I-I'm not human....I'm a monster..." He sobbed, moving his hands from his face to his arms, digging his nails into his biceps. 

It was a nasty habit he'd picked up over the years and his arms began to bleed before long. 

     "Hey, Hey, stop, I've got you," Boxman pried his lover's fingers away and held his hands away from him.