#1: Welcome back, Hanzo

Not all relationships were perfect, yet, despite this, there are some who maintain them, and never loose their spark.

______________

Love was too outstretched, too diverse. In order to condense the meaning, one would have to simplify what the word had meant, which was impossible. Hanabi had tried many times, asking herself over and over again what had made love bloom. More specifically, what made her own feelings develop.

Falling in love with Hanzo was something that never should've happened, but love didn't give a single care. Things just happened.

Hanabi sighed as she walked past the garden of an unfamiliar place. Her plan was to initially kill Hanzo before Hayabusa did, yet things stirred away from that outcome. There was an almost hurling sense of irony as Hayabusa was unaware of the fact that she was secretly lovers with-

Anyways, she missed Hanzo terribly, she was very worried about him. Despite him being the former shadow of Iga and strongest ninja she had ever known, she couldn't help but feel a pang in her heart at the thought that he could be hurt. Of course, for the last three years, he would come and go places, as their relationship was complicated and her clan would have both their heads if they ever found out. However, the spark they shared was eternal, and perhaps Hanabi had succumbed to her faith. Hanzo as well.

Little by little, Hanzo was straying from the path he was initially going to take yet was still set on making himself stronger. Perhaps he came to realize that the Hanekage and the Ame no Habakari would betray him at some point, and of course he was prepared in case it does happen. It had been one full year since she had seen him, the year itself felt like eternity in the twilight orb.

She was sitting in on a chair surrounded by different flowers, each colored a different shade than the other. She had a book in her hand, hoping to learn some ninjitsu and hone her skills. The hours had passed by, sometimes she paused and stood to try these new ninjutsu skills, which were difficult. She was still Hayabusa's rival, even if things went a bit differently than she had initially planned.

She sat back down and began reading once more, turning her pages until she found something very interesting. It wasn't in her book before, it was fragile and soft.

A scarlet flower.

It wasn't any ordinary flower, however, and Hanabi understood its sentimental value. This type of flower was very rare, the type that would never wither, and Hanzo had told her many times over that this flower had reminded him of her. Everytime he was near, he would leave one around, a symbolization of his love for her.

In a content realization, she smiled warmly. "Just where have you been?"

"I've missed you, Hanzo."

Something had begun to materialize next to her, like a cloud of purple dust, mending itself into a figure, and Hanabi was eventually able to figure things out. The figure became sturdy, and the unique details of him that she never forgot had remained in his form. His face was the same, that smile, that aura, that body, all of it. He was still himself.

"I see the scarlet ninja of Iga has not changed too much." he smirked amusingly.

"This scarlet ninja is still the feisty, mad person that she was, moreover now. Because it's been a year since you last visited me, you snake." She shot back.

He placed a hand on her cheek, feeling the warmth of her face, and deciding that it was a feeling he very much missed. His eyes fell closed as he leaned in for a kiss. His lips met hers as Hanabi closed her eyes, returning it. It was overdue, she had missed these precious moments with him. He brought his free arm to her back to pull her close, Hanabi had obliged to his movements and placed a hand on his cheek.

After a moment, they slowly pulled away, and Hanzo decided he was satisfied from that welcome back gift.

He traced her jawline as he leaned closer to her face once more, mouth in a smug smile.

"Ah yes, you're quite stubborn, aren't you?" He started. "But I like it."

____

Authors note-

This is going to be fun. Idk who people ship more, Hanabi x Hayabusa or Hanabi x Hanzo... I know Hanabi likes Hayabusa in the story but Honestly, I see Hayabusa with Kagura more. Buttttt if anyone wants me to write Hanabi with Hayabusa just let me know.