Death Doesn't Like Me

Emile woke up with a painful gasp. Considering the last thing he remembered was dying on a planet that was about to be glassed, he was understandably confused. His armor beeped in warning as he sat up and looked around. He was no longer on the planet Reach, that much was obvious. Wary of the sudden change in location Emile pulled his sidearm from the holster and checked that his trusty knife was still sheathed.

The area around him was obviously a city under siege, with armed men fighting off what looked like mutant monsters. Never one to shy away from a battle, Emile rushed towards what looked like a monument and found a dropped gun. It was nothing he had ever seen before, with some sort of chainsaw on the end, but he shrugged and checked the clip. Finding it to have some ammo still inside he slapped the clip back in and moved into the burning monument.

On the other side of the space stood a female monster, her tentacles wrapped around the throats of three soldiers. Emile had no idea what brought them to the situation, but he aimed his new gun and fired at the tentacle wrapped around the throat of a man with buzzed hair. The monster roared in pain and Emile quickly shot the other man down, as the final one cut herself free with a big knife.

"Die!" the monster's scream echoed off of the broken walls and suddenly Emile found himself falling through the floor, his armor beeping to warn that the shields had taken some damage. As he hit the solid ground he heard the coughing of the soldiers.

"Shit," he cursed as he stood up and flicked the lights of his helmet on.

"Who the fuck are you?" the buzzed haired man asked as he stood up. The others warily followed suit, pulling sidearms on him.

"Spartan Emile," he explained quickly, wondering exactly the same thing about them. The roof of the room they were in groaned in protest and he looked around him. "We need to get out of here," he said as he slid his gun on his back and turned to the busted wall behind him. He pulled up a massive fallen beam and nodded for them to go first. Thankfully they did not object and moved to quickly leave, letting Emile take up the rear position as they climbed from the ruined building.

"We have to get to Marcus," the female said as she ran a hand over her throat. Emile eyed them warily as they moved through the burning city, unsure of exactly where they were going but determined to follow them.

Soon they were in a hollowed out building, an older man firing rapidly at the monsters. Emile did not hesitate to jump into the battle, his new gun fired off a few rapid shots and he watched the monsters hit the ground. When he realized the enemies were down, Emile found himself on the other side of four confused sets of eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" Marcus, he assumed, asked gruffly.

"Spartan Emile of Noble Team," he said, confused why they looked baffled by that.

"Okay," the buzzed haircut one said with a frown. "We can figure out what that means later..." He trailed off and the four of them seemed to listen to something. Emile realized that they must be using a different comm system and he waited for further instruction. As the older man started to say something a massive vehicle smashed through the wall.

"Who's saving who now Del?" a cocky voice called out as another man hopped from the driver's side.

"Let's go Delta!" Marcus bellowed and Emile followed the three soldiers into the back of the truck. As they took off he felt eyes on him and turned his head to see the buzz cut eyeing him.

"Problem?" he asked and the man shook his head.

"You said your name was Emile?" he asked and Emile nodded. "I'm JD, that's Del," he motioned to the darker skinned man, "and she's Kait."