it's you that i adore (though i make the boys fall like dominoes)

"It's you that I adore, though I make the boys fall like dominoes."

»»»

"Hey, Lou, wait up!"

The blue-eyed wonder snapped his gaze up to the familiar voice and figure calling his name, a sweet smile instantly etching its way unto his doll-like features once he spotted it was Liam jogging his way up to him. He barely panted when he finally caught up to Louis, said man couldn't help but look down fondly and admire the precious ball of pretty sunshine and innocence in front of him. Liam's quiet staring trance was cut off when Louis poked at his chest to catch his attention. "Hello? Earth to Payne." smiling when he was successful in doing so.

"Did you need something, Liam?" the way his name rolled off the small boy's tongue with his thick accent almost had Liam swooning. He could've sworn he had already fallen in love.

Liam scratched his nape, hesitant. "Err, I was wondering if we could... you know.."

Louis giggled, a delicate hand over his lips as he tried to cover the sweet sound, his eyes crinkling by its sides.

"Nope, Li. I'm afraid I have no idea."

Liam's ears burned red. "I mean, you know, go out- like, on a date..."

Expectantly, he stared at Louis, really hoping that he'd agree. He had been thinking and preparing for this for a whole week, really desperate to take the blue-eyed ball of sunshine out on a date. Love him, take care of him, and make him smile when he's feeling down. He watched as Louis nervously fiddled with the hem of the short skirt of his school uniform, exposing the soft skin of his thighs. And Liam would be lying if he said he didn't want Louis that way, too, because he definitely did.

But so did everyone else.

Louis just had that kind of effect.

"Li, you know I'd love to," Louis started and that's when the jock knew not to get his hopes up. Especially when Liam could hear a but and the way Louis glanced to his right side, nibbling at his lower lip. Liam discreetly glanced that same way and caught sight of what Louis was looking at. Standing there was a man, much older and taller than both of them with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning at a sleek black car and looking at them with a stern glare. "but my da- Harry won'tbe happy."

But I have a boyfriend, was what the smaller boy really wanted to say.

Liam shoulders visibly slumped, his face falling into a disappointed frown.

That was a rejection if he hadn't heard one.

He always knew Louis had a very strict... guardian which he found quite annoying. Louis was just at the right age to be going out with other people. If he were Louis, he'd be a total rebel and sneak out every chance he got. It was completely normal. Healthy even.

Oh, If only he knew what went behind closed doors.

But he wasn't going to give up just yet.

"I could sneak you out," he blurted out, cursing himself for being stupid. Louis was probably turned off now, but of course, Liam's mouth had other plans. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

Louis simply gave him an apologetic smile, the underlying pity didn't go unnoticed. That caused a small feeling of annoyance to spark inside Liam but he wasn't going to act upon it, of course. Unlike the others, he wasn't a petty asshole with an ego more fragile than soft ice.

"I'm really sorry, Liam."

"It's okay, Lou," he replied, but Louis could smell the disappointment. He almost felt bad. "Doesn't mean I'm giving up, though."