Chapter 1 - Where he needs to go

The dullness was that of an accustomed day, almost a ordinary day in the narrow cobbled streets of London. It was only disturbed in a few isolated parts of roadway by iron and silver automobiles that possess soft orange glows of energy that originated from recessed bulbs that dimly illuminate the squat shapes of benches, mini buildings and a deadly red stop sign, cemented near to a zebra crossing. The iron and silver shapes cleared the perimeter when a clearer form, outlined in an oceanic blue that gradually mouthed into a police telephone box from the 60's. Fortunately not a single creature observed the newly parked vehicle which became visible out of no where furthermore it was now hogging a pitch black fence. If anyone wasn't oblivious to the fact it had appeared out of thin air, even without it's unearthly lights and noises, there would be a one hundred percent possibility that they would have sprinted away bellowing like humans always do when they don't comprehend something.

The accustomed day restored for a moment, however it was then broken again when  the door of the vessel opened to spill out a young man of about twenty one, his black face was filled with curiosity, his eyes wide with excitement. Looking around the sector, while running a hand through his short black hair. He did look excited but also curious as if he was a stranger to London. His voice seemed to alter into one of humour and a chuckle while he distinguished the streets "Otherwise known as London".

He stood still for a moment, as if waiting for something before slowly sauntering further away from the box. A soft thud from inside broke him out of his current state of curiosity and made him put an end to his stroll. A tall, slender man and a shorter, flushed youthful female came walking out of the box. The slender man put his hands into the pockets of his brown pines-tripe suit, pushing away the lighter brown overcoat which was balanced on top of it. Beside him, the youthful female glanced around like it was a miracle to be somewhere.

"London, England, Earth" The Young man spoke like it was obvious. "Hold on" He said when he noticed a small wooden street bench not far away and as luck would have it, it had an abandoned newspaper on it. He jogged over to this wooden bench and lifted up the newspaper and focused on the front page. "The 1st of February this year. Not exactly far flung, is it?" The man asked. His two companions then sauntered over to him. "So this is London?" The slender man asked, gazing thoughtfully at his surroundings. "Yup" The Young man acknowledged while still studying the newspaper with the youthful female. "Your city?" The slender man asked. "Yup." "Just as we left it?" "Bang on."

There was a strained silence for a moment then the youthful female spoke up in a curious tone "But Doctor how did we get here?" She asked the slender man. "This is not your world" He retorted, peering around as if trying to find something different and out of place. "But the date's the same" The Young man insisted. However, his facial expression then changed to one of realisation. "Wait, it's parallel right? A parallel world?" He enquired. "Must be" The Doctor settled and began to walk around the area. The young man continued to read the newspaper once more but came to a brief stop on a specific page. There was a large image of a man wearing a hat, looking like he didn't want to have any pictures taken of him. In bold it said 'world greatest detective'.