Chapter 1

MerSam (Mercedes/Sam) Series-In Order:

Story One- A Gleeful Reunion(it takes place five years after they graduated high school)

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/203789216-a-gleeful-reunion

Story Two- A New Direction In Life (Takes place sometime after A Gleeful Reunion ends)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190465547-a-new-direction-in-life

Story Three-The Start of Something Beautiful( It takes place after the junior prom- a prequel)

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/241894850-the-start-of-something-beautiful

Story Four-Steal Away(It's a short that take place during the New Directions trip to New York in The Start of Something Beautiful)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/243661139-steal-away

Story Five-To Everything There Is a Season: Everything Changes (Sam's and Mercedes' Freshman Year of College)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/261041906-to-everything-there-is-a-season-everything-changes

Story Six-Cause I Love You (A short story is actually taken from the upcoming junior year of college story) And that hasn't been written yet. I hope you enjoy this short story.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/260956243-cause-i-love-you

MerSam Series Playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5UQwNqZaKliLYLI5uf12dq?si=7NKplZZpS7OwmfIn0Qn32A

.............................

(8 years ago at the beginning of the sophomore year)

"I have been the go-to girl when someone needs me to wail at the last minute. I am tired of not getting to keep the guy because he's gay or he used me to get popular. I am strong, beautiful, and a great talent who shouldn't be living in Rachel's or anyone else's shadow. I will not only show McKinley High but the world I am a force to be reckoned with. And I will get the man of my dreams as well as be a star in my own right." Mercedes Jones stated as she stood in front of her mirror, holding her head up high. She made sure that her goals were set to start now. By graduation, she would be on her way towards reaching for her star. Being the Diva she knows she truly is inside and out.

(2 years later- senior graduation)

Mercedes stood at her locker as she opened it up when her long-time BFF, Kurt Hummel, walked up and gave her a side hug. "Can you believe it?" He said happily. "We did! We finally made it through. We survived!" Kurt cheered. " Yeah, I know," Mercedes said with sadness. "I am glad we are about to graduate but so sad at the fact we are all going our separate ways." She said as she watched Kurt's long-time boyfriend, Blaine Anderson, walk up towards them as he straightened his cap and gown. "Yeah, but you and I are never going to lose touch." 

"Yeah, we won't Mercedes." Blaine smiled as he took Kurt's hand and gave it a squeeze as he took Mercedes' hand in his other and squeezed it as well. "We will always keep in touch." Mercedes smiled at the couple as Kurt and Blaine glanced at someone lurking not too far from them.

They both smiled as Kurt spoke. "I think we need to go sit down. We'll see you in a few minutes." "Okay," Mercedes said to them before she looked in her mirror. She then took it down and placed it the bag that was inside the locker. She sighed as she bent down to grab it when someone grabbed her from behind.  "Ahhh!" Mercedes lightly squealed when the person turned her around to face them. "Hey you." A guy smiled at her. "I thought they would never leave." He smirked at her. "Why?" Mercedes said as she adjusted her duffel bag on her shoulder. "They do know about us." 

"I know." He said as he took the bag from her as they walked outside towards her car. "I just wanted to make sure we were alone, so I can do this." He said before pausing to watch her open the back door. She let him put the bag inside before they turned towards each other. 

"What?" She laughed. "Helping me put my junk in my car?" She asked playfully. "No," He told her before lightly smiling while closing the distance in between them. "This." He whispered as he let his lips connect to hers. He pulled her closer, while her hands went up to his head. Their caps and gowns blocked their profile from anybody passing by. She broke the kiss before she looked up at him. "Ready to graduate, babe?" Mercedes asked the guy.

He lightly tugged on her tassel as he gave her a smile. "So ready. Let's go, graduate, sweetie."