Criminal's Dont have Hearts(?) Chapter 1

I always thought criminals were heartless. Still, do. Not all of them. September 5th. It was 74 degrees out, and yet, it felt colder with a slight tingle of despair. I'm a unit for the FBI, trying to save people from other stupid and greedy ideas. In California, where I live, we got an alert for a Bank robbery. About five men, Four foxes, and yet, one wolf. He seemed Timid and looked like he didn't want to be there. Three of the foxes seemed to have been killed by our forces before I had even got there. These guys had hostages, so we couldn't just kill them flat out.

There was never any need to kill them. Through the bank, I could see that they were arguing, why? The wolf was being timid and stepped back every time that the Fox yelled at him. The Fox pointed the gun and yelled at the counter woman, but didn't fire. The wolf grabbed a chair and knocked the shit out of the Fox, rendering him unconscious.

He dragged the Foxes body out of there, onto the bank's steps, right in front of us. He got on his knees and put his hands behind his head. We were all speechless. They arrested the wolf, and he told us almost nothing. Back at HQ, we tried to make sense of it. He couldn't have been a hostage, because he came with them. The bag he showed the counter had a note in it. "Don't give him any money, distract, and pretend to be afraid. I'll knock him out. He's too stupid not to trust me, so don't be afraid, play along." What a strange message.

We had no answers, so we decided to get some out of him. He was shy, just like we thought, and he had no answer's for us until I talked. "Why the hell did you let your partner get arrested!? Huh!?" Raque yelled. He was more forceful with interrogation, which only made this way more complicated. The wolf looked like they wanted to cry because his face was so dark. He was 21, at least but had the confidence of a two-year-old.

What kind of parent raises a child like this? Maybe this was his personality. I decided to talk to the wolf. "Hey, I'm Draco. It's a pleasure to meet you. I want to ask you some questions. Is that alright?" I asked sweetly, and he looked at me and smiled. He nodded. "Why did you knock your partner out?" I questioned. He looked away for a second. "I-I'm not sure...I don't know why." He said. His voice was deep but so timid and so quiet to the point where I couldn't tell what he was saying. Raque slammed his hands on the table for effect and started his interrogation. "What the hell do you mean? 'I don't know.'!? What kinda bull shit is that HUH!?" He screamed. The wolf turned back and began his routine of being timid and shy.

I slapped my hand into my forehead and pushed Raque out of the room so that I could talk with the wolf in private. "Sorry about that." I apologized. The wolf smiled. "I-It's fine." He stammered. We talked, and I found out what happened. The wolf was there because he was a blood oath wolf, who make oaths to their family. If they don't do that oath, they get consumed by darkness, literally. He showed me his veins. Full black.

Anyway, he wanted to fulfill his oath, and he saw his opportunity. He went with his brother and decided to help him. Then, when he found out what was going on, he put that message in there so no one would get hurt. Knocking his brother wasn't part of the plan, but it was necessary. He knew that if his brother woke up, he would kill everyone in sight, so he allowed them to get arrested.

It didn't make much sense to me. In court, he was sentenced to one year in jail. He did keep everyone safe and didn't resist the police. Afterward, a few years later, I had moved up to a private eye detective. I'm investigating a cult in the Heart of Miami. The island is covered in Tanned wolves and dragons, which makes it all the livelier. For a gay man like me, it's hell, seeing all of these half or near-naked men. One wolf sticks out like a sore thumb, though, as I sip on my Pepsi®. He was draped in a black coat, wearing black leather gloves, and thick black boots.