Her Decision

"Hey, Ash, won't you come here, baby," Rick said quietly walking up to her, the bruising on her face making his jaw clench angrily.

"M'kay, what's up?" She asked, pulling off the gloves covered in blood, mindful of her sprained wrist.

"Daryl and I wanted to talk to you," Rick explained, leading her over to Daryl's tent, furthest away from everyone else.

When they walked in Daryl was already standing in the middle of the tent waiting for them. Rick walked around Ash to stand on the side of the two so they could all easily see each other.

"So...what's up?" Ash asked, wringing her hands together looking between the two men, neither missing the nervous habit.

"Daryl and I talked last night after you went to bed. 'Bout you and me and you and him," Rick started, both men surprised when they watched her face fall from nervousness to dread.

"I understand if neither of you want to—oh god, I've just been going back and forth between both of you and it's not fair. I'm so sorry—"

"Darlin', hey, take a breath," Daryl stepped forward, shushing her gently, reaching out to rub his hand up and down her arm.

"You haven't been going back and forth but you don't have to worry about that, baby," Rick stepped closer as well and couldn't help the small smile he had on his face. Her big innocent blue eyes looking up at him with curiosity.

"Okay...?" She drawled the question slowly.

"We talked about you loving him, him loving you. You loving me, me loving you. Know you love us both and you don't know how to choose but you don't have to, Ash. We're okay with you wanting both of us," Rick explained watching all of the emotions running through her eyes.

"I can't—no that's not fair to either of you—"

"Ain't about fair, Ash. We do it this way an' nobody loses anyone. We know it ain't a normal relationship but what about the world is normal anymore? Rick and I'll figure out our relationship along the way but for now we both love ya, both want ya and neither wanna lose ya. It's your decision," The two men exchanged a look when her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivered.

"Darlin'?" Daryl asked worriedly, bringing his hand up to caress the side of her face.

"I want this, I'm just worried—what if one of you decides this isn't what you want anymore, I don't wanna lose either of you—"

"That's why we're doin' this, darlin'. Neither of us wanna lose ya, we know what we're gettin' into and we're okay with it. Ya don't have to worry 'bout either of us leavin'," Daryl promised, Rick had stuck by her through all of these years and Daryl was head over heels for her, neither planned to lose her

"If it ever gets to be to much please just tell me, I'll understand—"

"Nah, c'mere," Daryl cut her off, pulling her against his chest, reaching out to Rick and pulling him in as well. The two men cocooning her smaller body between theirs.

Rick couldn't help it as he leaned over Ash's shoulder and nuzzled his cheek against Daryl's. Rick pulled back meeting the other man's eyes, happy that he hadn't pulled away.

"Rick?" Shane's voice called out, followed by the sound of his footsteps.

"Yeah, Shane?" Rick answered as the three of them pulled away, as he stepped outside of the tent.

"We're almost finished, man. Just a couple more bodies then gettin' our dead buried. Everything good over here?" Shane asked and Rick had to suppress a scoff at the question.