Picnic at the Park (1/1)

Jirou's POV

Today is the day. The day I will ask Yaoyorozu out. I have been planning this for weeks but I've been so nervous about it, even though I finally decided to do it.

I walk out of the classroom as the bell rings, but I wait beside the door until Yaoyorozu comes out.

As she walks out she was "accompanied" by Mineta trying to look up her skirt, until Kirishima yeeted him from existence.

"U-um, Yaoyorozu." I start. "I wanted to ask you something."

She turns to look at me, "what is it Jiro?"

I can feel my cheeks heat up some. "I wanted to know if you could come to the nearby park with me afterschool.."

"Huh? Sure!" She beamed, lighting up my world. Or, y'know, the whole world.

I looked her in the eyes being somewhat surprised, but quickly smiled at her. "I-I have to go now, see you later!"

"Goodbye!" She said as I walked off.

I can't believe she agreed!! This is the best!!

I start walking back to the dorms, not being able to hold my excitement. I know that I never said it was a 'date' but I would like to imagine it that way.

What if she thinks its just a friendly hangout? She 100% does. What if.. She isn't into girls? I never asked her about it since I was too nervous too..

I feel nauseous thinking about it. I worked up enough confidence to ask her out, well, kind of. But I don't want that to go to waste at all.

I rush into the dorms. Uraraka and Hagakure are already sitting at the couches. They look back at me as I walk in.

"Hey Jiro!" They both say to me.

"H-hey!" I reply.

God, I'm so nervous I can't say one thing without stuttering.

"You ok?" Hagakure asks. "Your face is really red."

I randomly start to look around the room, trying to avoid eye contact. "Yup! All good, I'm gonna go to my room for now!" I walk to my room, keeping a steady pace.

I probably looked like a complete idiot back there. My mind won't stop rushing around about the impossible scenarios that could happen this afternoon.

Time Skip

I waited by the school gates for Yaoyorozu. I had only been waiting for a minute or two but just couldn't wait to see her.

I try to focus on being calm, unlike in the dorms. A cold breeze flows past me as I wait.

"Jiro?" I here a familiar voice say. As I turn around, I realize.. It's a goddess.

Wait. That's just Yaoyorozu. I mean, same thing, honestly.

She had let her hair down and was wearing a (very) comfortable looking sweater with some black jeans.