Sicko-Part One

"Love, why are you still sleeping?"

You felt something wet drag down from your cheek to your lips. There was no need for you to open your eyes to know that the wet somethings were actually Dom's own lips. Infact, you were sure that it would be nearly impossible to open your eyes due to the blinding lights you knew would be clear to greet you and amplify your headache.

The bed dipped a bit on either side of your body seconds before it started rocking back and forth lightly.

"Baaabe," you groaned. The rocking stopped. The subtle pounding in the front of your head continued, it matched the pattern of a horseshoe hitting concrete whilst in a gallop.

Something lightly brushed against your nose, like a feather being run over your face. You brought a hand up to brush it away but nothing was there. The hand dropped beside your head on the pillow. Then you felt it again, a light flutter across your nose. Once, twice, thrice. Your eyes opened hesitantly to guard against the daylight you'd anticipated but relaxed when something moved to block it. The something giggled above you. Your eyes revealed a mop of dark stringy hair falling over a pair of bright green eyes.

Dom shook his head ever so slightly causing his hair to brush against your nose again. You smelled minty breath when he leaned in to kiss your nose while giggling before moving onto your cheeks. Both of his knees were on either side of your hips leaving his fists to support his weight from either side of your pillow.

"Mornin' love," he mumbled into the side of your neck he'd buried his head into.

"Morning, how long have you been up?" Dom was still dressed for bed but you knew that he hadn't just rolled over to wake you up judging from how energetic he was. That and the fact that nobody wakes up with minty breath.

"'bout an hour, maybe half-" Dom smiled at you. "You were sleeping pretty hard and I didn't want to wake you. Are you feeling better at all?"

You'd gone to bed earlier with the beginning of your current headache and an impregnable urge to sleep for days. Unfortunately your symptoms had only magnified themselves and brought their friends. Now you had a sore throat, a stuffed head, and some major chills on top of the headache and fatigue.

You shook your head to answer Dom's question with a saddened 'no.'

"I think I've got a cold." You pointed at your throat and pouted pathetically.

Dom looked at your half wakened pouty face and found himself pouting as well. He didn't like to see you not smiling. He watched as you rolled over onto your side and nuzzled into his right forearm. He shifted his own body to lie on the bed properly in front of you so that he could pull your body into his chest. Once he was satisfied with the way you were tangled in his own body, he positioned the blankets so they made a faux cocoon around you. Dom brought his left hand up to run it through your loose hair, brushing stray pieces from your face.

You watched him for a few seconds as he did this but were not able to keep your eyes open. On a good day you would have been made sleepy by someone playing with your hair but in your condition, you didn't stand a chance.

Dom pressed sweet kisses to your head as he watched you fall asleep again. He made a mental list in his head of the things he'd need for you.

Soup

Medicine

Immune boosters

Once he was sure you were asleep (once more), he cautiously slipped out of bed but not before he rearranged the covers and his pillow to seem like there was still a body beside you. He didn't want you waking up looking for him. He knew if you were half asleep you'd accept the pillow as his body.