prologue.

You think you're doing great only to find out you're doing terrible. That's how Emma was feeling when she got her math test back Monday morning after doing a test she thought she nailed.

"Dammit." She cursed under her breath. She layed the paper facing down and slouched in her chair. There's no way she was going to show her mother.

After class her teacher Mr. Newman called to her just before she left the room. Hesitantly Emma made her way to his desk, her hand clutching the bottom of her sweater.

"I think you did pretty good on this test. Better than the last no doubt. I can see you're improving but I think I have a way to help you get the marks you want." He told her as he folded his hands together.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her brain wasn't proccessing anything fast enough due to her nerves.

"I want you to find a tutor. If you can't find anyone by Friday I will get someone myself. This is only to help you understand better. Once you're caught up you can stop."

Emma nodded, not really wanting to ask anyone but does she really have a choice? She left feeling annoyed yet anxious at the fact she had to have someone tutor her. 

When she got to her locker she stuffed her math book inside, grabbing her laptop and making her way to the library where she usually spends her lunch. She placed her bag on the chair beside her.

It was quiet, as all libraries should be, only a few kids ever come in here, most are in the cafeteria or out for lunch. Emma just wasn't one of those people. She only ever talked to one person and that was her best friend Sophie.

Emma played on her phone, scrolling through Instagram as she munched on a sandwich she had grabbed from her bag. She felt a hand slap her shoulder making her jump and almost choke on her food.

Turning around to see who it was a pair of blue eyes meet her brown ones. Sophie laughed a little at her friends reaction, Emma just smiled small.

"So," Sophie started as she pulled out the chair on the other side of emma. "What did you get?"

"A sixty-five." Emma sighed as she slouched in her chair once again. Sophie clicked her tongue.

"That's not bad! You're doing better at least."

"It's still to low," emma shook her head. "He said I need go get tutor to help me catch up more."

"Oh." Sophie didnt know what else to say. Emma rub her face, slowly siding her hand down it.

"My mom is going to be mad."

"Don't tell her?"

"Im sure he's going to call her." Emma groaned as she sat back up to grab the other half of her sandwich. The rest of lunch went by in a flash and before Emma knew it she was in gym class.

She sat by the wall as the class waited for their intructions, unlike everyone else Emma wasn't a very social person. The thought of too many people around her made her nervous.

Talking to people wasn't easy, though it was slightly easier when it came to her class mates, she just didn't like being around most of them.

"Let's do some excersizes." Mrs. Hathaway said earning annoyed groans from the students.

Emma got up hesitantly not wanting to do any excersizes either. She's pretty lazy, she rather relax back at home watching dumb YouTube videos or playing her video games.

The class started off with doing some jumping jacks, then burpees. From there it was running around the gym once and then stretching their limbs.

"We'll be starting volleyball. We'll learn the basics."

-time skip-

By the end of the day Emma was basically dragging herself home. She was sore and tired. All she wanted to do was curl up in her blanket and cuddle with her dog, Token and sleep. Unfortunatley the sleeping would have to be later.

She needed to find a tutor and fast. She had two days to find one before Mr. Newman decided someone for her. Although it would be less work on her behalf.

Maybe she should just leave it to him then? Its only for a few weeks, right?

>>>>>>>

Emma Martin was falling behind on school. Her teacher suggested a tutor, she never thought she would end up with someone so interesting.

This story is for CraziiLazy however I hope you enjoy the book! Please vote and comment if you want!
-Mia💙