4AM Forever

A/N: So this little one shot was inspired by the song 4AM Forever by lostprophets, I suggest you take a listen to it and let me know what you think after.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own PPG

Yesterday, I lost my closest friend,
Yesterday, I wanted time to end...

I clung to her as if my life depended on it. I can't, I won't let her go. I feel a pair of hands on my shoulders, trying to pull me away "NO! Let me go!" I choke out

"Butch, you have to let go, the Professor needs to get her ready for the funeral" Boomer tells me between sniffles

"NO! She's not dead! All she needs is some Chemical X in her system, she'll be good as new" I try to reason. No, Buttercup can't be gone, she needs to know.

"Butch, it's no use, there's nothing we can do, she's gone!" Blossom chokes out as she hugs me from behind while caressing Buttercup's dull, black hair.

Bubbles knelt down on the opposite side of her, eyes red and puffy, brand new tears making their way down. She took my hand "Butch, let them fall. It won't make you weak"

I stare at Bubbles, I have never in my life cried, I look at Buttercup's peaceful face. She almost looks like she's just sleeping away, I caress her cheek. "What am I going to do without my Sprinkles?" I ask her in a whisper, hoping she'll wake up and punch me for being a sissy in front of my brothers and her sisters. But she doesn't, I kiss her forehead and much to my brother's surprise, a single tear slid, down from my forest green eyes, followed by another one, and another one until soon a steady stream of tears flows down, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been tormenting me.

Buttercup brought her finger to her chin, in deep thought. A little smile forming on her lips as she look me straight in the eye "Fruit Loops"

I let out a laugh "Really? That's the best you can come up with? What the hell kind of a nickname is Fruit Loops?!" I asked incredulously

"It's unique!" She countered "It suits you, you're weird and bizarre, like your new nickname, Fruit Loops" she grinned

Leave it to her to come up with some crazy shit. I laugh "Ok, Sprinkles"

Buttercup frowns "Sprinkles?"

It was my turn to grin "You're the extra spice in my life that makes all the difference" I say nonchalantly, I swear I can see a hint of red on her cheeks.

She rolls her eyes "Whatever, Fruit Loops"

I mimic her, rolling my own eyes back at her "Fine, Sprinkles"

We both stare at each other for a while before busting out laughing. Yes. This corroborates it, I'm falling for this girl. I need to wait for the perfect opportunity to tell her how I feel.

My inconsolable sobs are all you can hear throughout the living room. No one dares to utter a word, how can they? There's absolutely no words to make this pain go away. She was gone, I look around the room to see Bubbles currently crying in Boomer's arms. Blossom was standing near the window, her gaze distant. Brick trying his hardest to be strong for her, gently rubbing her arms.

I shake my head as yet another sob escapes my lips. I get up from the couch and make my way upstairs to her room. Completely ignoring my brother's questioning.

As soon as I enter her room I am engulfed in her scent, I shut the door and lay down on her bed. If I close my eyes, I can pretend she's here with me.

"So, I'm the first guy you let in your room? That can't be true!" I say as I look around her room, dark green walls that I approved of, filled with posters from her favorite bands.