A Crisis

The bus jerks me forward as it makes, yet another stop.  I look around at all the kids, mostly other high schoolers, on account of the fact I'm sitting near the back of the bus.  I can tell by their movements that they're yelling towards each other, but the loud blaring of my music drowns them out. The bus jerks to a stop, my stop. I stand up and begin to push my way through all the foots and legs crowding the aisle. I hop off the bus, saying farewell to the driver.
        Making my way to the front door, I notice my mom is not home from work yet which is odd because she normally beats me back. Putting that thought in the back of my mind, I continue inside my house.
        An hour passes and it's 5 o'clock. My mom hasn't came home yet and I'm beginning to get concerned. I wonder if I should pick up my brother from daycare or if I should wait. After a few moments contemplating, I decide to wait.
        6:30 - I picked up my brother from daycare a half an hour ago. He is currently watching Paw Patrol, as I frantically text my mom.
      8:00 - I call my mom's boss at Woodmark, he told me, "She left three hours ago." Hearing these words sends a cold chill through my body. In a moment of panic I dial 911 in my phone.
        8:07 - The police arrive in front of my house. After answering what feels like a million questions they take me and my little brother to the police station.
        8:22 -  My hand is numb from acting as a pillow for my brother as he lays asleep.
        8:24 -  I over hear two officers whispering to each other. I close my eyes and let go of my body to make it look like I am asleep.
        "I found a note, in the mother's room. "
        "I'm sorry kids but I couldn't deal with this life anymore. I hope you'll forgive me."
        "Damn, that's harsh."
        "Has anyone told them yet?"
         That is when I came to the realization my mother had left us. I open my eyes, reposition my brother so his head lay on my lap. I stroke his hair, thinking of his future, his future without a mother. How are we going to get through this? My mother left me and all I can think about is my brother. I don't care about myself. I have to be strong for my brother, he is my entire world. Through the fire we will emerge, better than before.