Chapter 1

"Suzune, let me introduce you. This is Genbuin Tamaki-kun. Please get along with each other."

It was my tenth birthday. The moment I laid eyes on the disappointed boy that my father brought before me, a conviction rose up. Long held suspicions were confirmed and everything changed.

I had been reincarnated as Suzakumiya Suzune, the rival character and villainess from「Prisoner of the Birdcage」an otome game that I had been hooked on in my past life.

「Prisoner of the Birdcage」unfolded inside a prestigious school for the children of the wealthy. The headmaster took in the heroine, who had no relatives, and asked her to reform the school where family power dictated social standing. Those at the top did whatever they pleased with impunity.

The tomboy protagonist, who had grown up among commoners, entered the school despite being terribly out of place in order to repay the headmaster's kindness. That bright girl with a straightforward character had a commoner's gaze and didn't evaluate others by their social standing. This included the powerful capture targets.

One of them, the main capture target – Genbuin Tamaki – stood before me. The second son of the second largest corporation among those enrolled at the academy. [1] He was the ore-sama president of the student council, the school's top power. Though confident and arrogant, he has the requisite skills to back it up: capable at his work while good at both sports and academics.

Nicknamed the "Emperor", he became interested in the heroine because she didn't try to flatter him. He eventually fell in love with her after she discovered the darkness inside his heart.

However, he had an opponent that he couldn't go against no matter what.

"――Tamaki."

A slender man standing next to father pushed the young Tamaki's shoulder. As his beauty was similar to the boy, this was probably his father.

"Suzune-san is the daughter of a very important client of the Genbuin family...do you understand?

The attractive boy – with features similar to a lovely young girl – distorted his face in displeasure at his father's words.

That person he can't defeat is me, Suzakumiya Suzune, the key to capturing him in the game.

Suzakumiya Suzune.

The sole daughter of the Suzakumiya – owners of the largest corporation among those affiliated with the academy – who have ties to royalty. They are an old and venerable family of honorable origins and high social standing. Simply, she was the most powerful person at the academy and the one who established it's caste system.

More arrogant than even Tamaki and merciless towards those that opposed her; she thoroughly harassed the protagonist, who came to change the academy, and attempted to get rid of her at every turn. No matter what route one chooses or how high the favorability is with the chosen target, the game cannot be won unless the school is reformed and Suzune is driven out.

Her character design truly gives off the feeling of a powerful villainess: beautiful loosely curled golden hair, a severe but beautiful countenance and a fearless smile.

Because the cooperation of the Suzakumiya was indispensable to the Genbuin, the revered "Emperor" Tamaki became Suzune's dog. To secure the relationship between the families, the mistress' illegitimate son was given to Suzune as a 'toy' on her tenth birthday by his own father.

The exact situation unfolding now.

Though on equal standing on the outside, behind everyone's back Tamaki is made to wear a collar and behave like a dog in front of Suzune. Due to his position, he can't oppose her. The prideful Tamaki is psychologically driven into a corner. In order to cope with his resentment, he goes through life with an arrogant attitude.