Chapter 1

Dreux walked down the halls of his school, ignoring the teasing laughter and insults he got from other students. Dreux was a nerd - he didn't appeal to the classic nerdy attire - but a nerd nonetheless. He always got all A's, always made the top scores, and could finish the lesson plan before the teachers were given the chance to explain it. This was a feat nearly everyone hated him for. He was also a constant target for the football team, but not all of them were bad.

It was mainly that bitch ass Lamar that made his school life a living Hell. Dreux and Lamar used to good friends - best friends, actually - that was until Lamar started joining the wrong types of crowds. Dreux tried to appeal to Lamar before, but ended up getting punched in the face. Lamar broke any trust Dreux once had in him. The only people he trusted at the school were the nurse and janitor. They were the only people willing to have a conversation with him in the open - not even the other staff members dared that, solely because the football team (bitch ass Lamar) didn't like him. But that was the main rule: if the football team doesn't like you, the school doesn't like you.

Druex had long, curly, black hair that was cut low on the back and sides, but hung mostly over the right side of his face. He had narrow, puffy-looking dark brown eyes. He had a big nose and thick lips which looked pouty. His upper lip was the same color as his dark caramel colored skin, and his bottom lip was a medium light pink. His head was shaped like an upside down house, and he had a semi-strong jawline and a little stubble. Dreux was tall for a 16 year old, standing at 6 feet and he didn't have abs, but he wasn't fat, and weighed around 159lbs. His face always made it seem like he was glaring at you, which made him seem intimidating, and his voice was deep, but also shy and timid, which threw people off when they heard him. He had decided to wear a red plaid button down shirt, with khaki pants and worn out, black converse. 

Dreux was born in New Orleans, but moved to the Bronx with his brother, Demarcier when he was 10. He hardly ever saw his brother though, due to work. Demarcier worked at a large corporation, making and distributing women's clothing. It always kept him away from home, had him working on new designs and traveling to debut them. He hadn't seen his brother in about a year, but he still called him and sent money when he could.

Demarcier had a taper fade haircut. His eyes were just like Dreux's, narrow, puffy and dark brown. His nose was slightly smaller than Dreux's, but their lips were the same too, but Demarcier's gave a frowning appearance his head was shorter and more rounded, but he had a strong jawline, and no facial hair. Demarcier stood at 6'4" and was pretty muscular - definitely bigger than his brother - and weighed around 200lbs. His stature and height intimidated every person he met, and he was 24. His voice was deeper than Dreux's and was commanding, as if he was always in control when he stepped into an area.

He didn't live with his parents in New Orleans because their parents were always at each other's throats, and saw how it was affecting Dreux. Rather than them arguing for full custody, Demarcier willingly took him to New York, away from his parents. He never talked about them even when Dreux brought them up - they sure as hell didn't try to call them and check on their only children, so why should they? They also had an aunt in Brooklyn, who would check up on them when she was passing through the neighborhood.

"Watch where the fuck you goin', dumbass!" Dreux was so lost in thought, he hadn't even realized he'd bumped into Lamar.

"Sorry." He muttered and tried to walk off, only for Lamar to grab him by his arm and throw him on the ground.

"Nah, bitch. You did that shit on purpose. Now I'm gon' have to teach yo ass a lesson." Immediately, Lamar started kicking Dreux, as other students started recording on their phones.

Dreux did all he could to protect himself, curling into a ball and covering his head, but Lamar was relentless when it came to Dreux. Every action he made seemed to piss Lamar off to no end, and he just couldn't figure out why.