⋆Fourteen⋆

"𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤."

...

"I've gotta say Finn you weren't too bad."

Millie confesses to Finn as they walk back from archery. Having an hour to kill before lunch, they decide to head back to the cabin for a little while. Finn had improved vastly at his archery skills during their course and has surprised Millie with his effortless precision.

He shrugs his shoulders casually at her comment. "Too bad, I literally beat your ass!"

Millie's eyes largen at his snarky and bold comment. "pfft, I wouldn't go that far."

He chuckles, shaking his head as he grins foolishly. "whatever you say."

Millie rolls her eyes at him, hating that she feels powerless and without response to his mocking comments. However, she can't lie; he is pretty good at archery.

"That looks so fun" Millie whines looking over to the lake in which people are splashing around, shrieking as they bounce around in the clear water.

"Hmm," Finn answers, his eyebrows knit tightly together in thought.

They continue to walk, as out of nowhere, Finn stops abruptly and turns towards Millie. "Can I borrow your phone for a sec."

Millie frowns, "Why?"

"I need you to trust me okay?"

Not wanting to continue the unnecessary bickering between them, she obliges, even with being unsure of Finn's intentions.

She hands him her phone, to which he looks at it, eyeing her mischievously.

"What?!" Millie laughs, noticing the nervousness clear as day in her shaky voice. She doesnt like when people have her phone. Even though she has nothing to hide; it makes her nervous.

"You know Im pretty sweaty from all that arm work," Finn says as he places his jacket on the floor, wrapping both his and Millies phone within it.

"Okay...?" Millie answers, placing her hands on her hips in a desperate attempt for any kind of authority.

Nevertheless, Finn smiles and before she can question him again, he launches forward slinging Millie over his shoulder.

She yelps at his sudden movement. "Finn what the hell!!"

But its too late. Finn runs for the lake, holding onto Millie as they both leap into the air jumping into the comfortingly cool waters.

Millie gasps as they make it back up to the surface. "What the fuck, Finn!"

"Hey, this is part of having fun at camp. Besides you're lucky im nice and didn't throw you and your phone in the water."

"No your lucky" she spits back, trying not to choke on the salty water.

Finn shakes his mop of curls as he looks back at Millie, pouting like a two-year-old.