Chapter 1 Anger Can Blind Us

It was three years ago when the incident happened. It may have been an accident but the incident will haunt us forever. We didn't mean to kill him. He was just trying to have fun but we were angry. I just wish we could have left him on better terms.
     "Tommy! What the hell were you thinking!?" Yelled an angry red headed girl. "I didn't do anything!" A tall, yellow haired male yelled back to the shorter lady. "Oh my God, I can't believe you Tommy." A boy with black hair and a blue tuff said in a British accent. "It wasn't me! I swear!" The yellow haired boy, Tommy, responded. "Don't worry Tom, I believe ya!" A cheerful boy with long green hair said with a smile. "You do, Jon?" Tommy responded with a bit of relief in his voice. "Yeah! I totally believe you didn't light our tents on fire and forced us to run, ultimately getting us lost!" Jon responded, his cheerful smile going away as his words got harsher. "I'm telling you, it was lightning, not me..." Tommy claimed, his usually loud voice turning into nothing but a whisper. "Nick? Friend? You believe me? Right?" Tommy said, his voice cracking as he tried to hold back tears. "Lets just get out of this forest before the fire catches us." A black haired male with a beard and glasses responded, his anger was visible in his voice. "Nick..." Tommy whispered as he stared at the boy who wore glasses feeling betrayed. "If we keep down this path, we'll end up at the car." The red head said, pointing towards a path that leads away from the fire. "Let's go." Nick said, pushing past the others and walking down the path. "Ashlie, Uni, you two go ahead, I wanna talk to Tommy alone." Jon said to the red head and the British boy with glasses. "Okay, just hurry up. The fire is spreading pretty fast." Ashlie said, turning around and dragging the nervous Britt with her. Jon turned around to face the solemn boy who was starring down at his feet with tears in his eyes. "It wasn't me. It's not my fault. It wasn't me." The shattered boy whispered to himself, violently shaking as salty water streamed down his face. "I believe you. Nick is just mad because we have been planning this trip for the past three weeks. Cheer up friend, it'll be okay." Jon said, trying to comfort his friend. "Okay." Tommy replied as he silently started walking in the direction of the others. Jon followed close behind as they approached the group. "Pitter, Patter, Splash!" Rain started to pour down, ruining the group's mood even more. "Oh! Well isn't this perfect." Nick grumbled, getting into the driver's seat. Everyone else got in the car, Tommy sitting in the front seat, still not daring to say a word. "I'm feeling quite tired." Uni said with a yawn. "Get some rest Uni, it's been a long day." Ashlie responded. "Okay." "Uh, Nick, buddy, can you slow down?" Jon said, a bit of worry clear in his voice. Nick didn't respond. "Nick? Can you slow down?" Ashlie said, taking note of how fast the car was going. His eyes stayed glued to the road as the rain started pouring down harder. Ashlie and Jon looked at each other in fear as the car neared the bridge. They could feel their fear levels rising. "Nick?... You're scaring me..." Ashlie said with a wavering voice. Time seemed to slow as it happened. The car lost traction as it hit the bridge. The car swerved to the right as the car continued to move forward with a high speed. They screamed as they felt themselves get pulled forward by the sudden slamming of the brakes. Three screams could be heard as the car swerved off the bridge. Uni was fast asleep. Tommy wasn't screaming, he was smiling.

333