Foreign Soil

[EPILOGUE]

It was a gloomy, frosty afternoon. The sunset glistening with the water along the shore like a carpet of crushed diamonds. And on the sand, I stayed. Kneeling down towards a corpse which I gently picked up and wrapped around my arms with care. Feeling its coldness as it sends a troublesome shiver down my spine, I continued to embrace the corpse as if the person this pile of dead meat once belonged to is someone very important to me‐ that's because she is.

The atmosphere is filled with silence. It was deafening. The only sounds that are left lingering in my ears are the sounds of the ocean waves hitting the shore as well as the gentle breeze blowing right past us.

However, that silence is then broken by a voice. And unfortunately, a familiar one at that. "Look at what you've done." The voice said to me, though I refused to turn my head and look for wherever the voice is coming from because I was too driven by my emotions as I continue mourning over the corpse of my beloved.

"You brought this upon yourself, Vikander. Now it's time for you to follow along the trail that wretched woman took." The voice spoke to me again, but this time.. in an intimidating tone of voice. However, I wasn't hinged by it towards fear. It only brought me back to my senses, making me realize who the true enemies were.

I then heaved a sigh before slowly placing the corpse of my woman back down on the ground as gently as I can before standing up, though still refusing the turn my head and face him- not that I was scared, no. But rather, contemplating what I should do next.

My moment of mindfulness is then interrupted by a sudden gust of wind from behind, supposedly from the recoil of someone- or something -charging towards my back as it gets ready to swing at me something obviously very large and heavy. And so it did.

Boom!

The collision of the large material collided with my body, making quite a loud sound which echoed towards the forest at the back which caused a flock of birds to fly up and away. As well as sending a wave of air all around us like some sort of of shockwave as it blew away the sand and water surrounding us, making a big enough fog of sand to cover both me and whatever lunged behind me to strike.

Silence followed before a loud sound is then heard. That of which is like some sort of whip.

Whoop!

The head of the figure that hit me is then launched back to the bunch that had approached me. They of course shot their shadow-figured heads up towards the fog as I slowly walked out of it, staring at them with a look I had only mustered up tonight. A look of regret. A look of anger. A look of utter temptation for rampage. And a look of complete bloodlust. I was an all in one package of absolute rage as I stared at the figures with my menacing expression.

My eyes have changed color from its usual blood red hue to an imperial topaz as it gleamed like the stars flickering up in the now night sky. It was a whole new experience for me- but frankly speaking, I loved it. The thrill, the adrenaline, and the feeling of going on a killing spree. It all surged into my blood as I then leaned my head to the side while having this wicked smile on my face, from ear to ear.

I said, "It's my turn now," before letting out a sinister laugh which filled the whole area. And soon, it followed. Absolute carnage and bloodshed.

[EPILOGUE END]