pt 1

The school bell rang as Delilah hurried inside, pushing through groups of people. She was panting as she opened her locker and grabbed her English books and slammed her locker. Delilah pushed her brown hair from her eyes as she ran down the hallway again.

"Watch it!" A voice broke Delilah from her running. She looked on the ground to see her best friend, Marcus Baker sitting down. She sat beside him and put the english books on his lap.

"You won't believe what kind of a fucking morning I had," Delilah whined as she opened her school bag and put the books in it. Marcus smirked as he leaned his head against the brick wall of the school.

"Let me guess, your lazy ass slept in and your brother threw cold water on you?" Delilah's eyes widened looking at him.

"How did you know?" Delilah asked with her mouth slightly opened. Marcus gave her his signature smirk and a wink.

"I gave him the idea baby," Marcus flirty said to his best friend. You see, Marcus always flirted with Delilah, and Delilah always flirted back with him. It was the way their friendship was.

"You're a fucker Baker," Delilah pushed his shoulder harder against the wall. Suddenly everyone's eyes were on a new girl who was with Maxine and the rest of MAN, Delilah looked up along with Marcus.

"Another one for the bro squad," I said to Marcus as he closed his eyes and rubbed them.

"Yay, no more sleep," He said sarcastically. I laughed and looked at him.

"Well my window is across from yours so you can always come and sleep at mine," Delilah offered and Marcus looked at her with a smirk.

"Tryna get into my pants already White?" Marcus smirked. Delilah rolled her eyes as she stood up and held her hand out. Marcus gladly took it and stood up, putting his arm around Delilahs shoulders.

"You know I am always tryna get into your pants Baker," I smirked back as Max and the other approached us.

"Ginny this is my brother Marcus and our friend Delilah," Max smiled pointing at us. Ginny blushed.

"Hi," She shyly said. Delilah smirked and looked at her.

"Don't worry, Marcus is still single," Delilah laughed evilly.

"You know I ain't ever single with you here," Marcus smirked looking down at Delilah, he kissed her head before messing her hair and leaving the girls.

"Their only besties," Maxine smiled standing beside Delilah. Delilah and Max were always friends, but never close. They were civil, to put into words.

"That's what you think Maxxie," Delilah smiled and waved them goodbye before running to catch up to Marcus.

"You better not get high without me, I need it to survive," Delilah poked his back as he put the joint between his lips.

"Let's go then," He opened the school door for her and they left the school.

-

Delilah and Marcus skated home, laughing at each other. Obviously, they were as high as a kite.

"Come on," Marcus laughed lifting Delilah off her skate board when they reached the beginning of the Bakers garden. Delilah wrapped her legs around his torso as he carried her inside.

"Oh jesus, can you two stop coming in like that?" Ellen said walking out of the kitchen. Marcus and Delilah laughed telling her no, the two high teens went up to Marcus's room.

Delilah was thrown onto Marcus's bed and she almost fell off the bed like usual.

"So tell me Marc," Delilah smiled laying on her stomach.

"What do you wanna know Delia?" Marcus said sitting in his chair by his desk.

"Do you think I am beautiful?" Delilah always asked Marcus this question, mainly because she was insecure about her appearance. Marcus always told her she was the most beautiful woman on the planet, but Marcus also doesn't know what happens behind close doors.

"Delia, you are the most beautiful, amazing and perfect woman on this planet," Marcus smirked as he was rolling another joint. Delilah smiled but her fathers words never left her mind.

"Shit, I'll be back, go to the roof," Marcus said handing Delilah the joint as he left. Once Marcus left, Delilah sighed standing up and getting on the roof of the Baker house. Delilah loved sitting up there, so it was like a release washed over her body.

"Hey," Marcus smiled getting back. Delilah was already half way through the joint when she passed it to him. She put her head on his shoulder, her cheek squishing against his top.

"I miss her, like every day." Delilah muttered as a tear rolled down her cheek. Marcus put his hand on one of the rips in Delilahs jeans.

"I know Delia," Marcus muttered kissing her head.

"Tell me about her again," Marcus said. He knows talking about her helps Delilah when she's like this so even though he hears the story hundreds of times, he'll still listen like it's his first.

"She was always happy," Delilah smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek. "She never let anyone stand in her way. She was unstoppable and I can't believe he killed her." Marcus looked at her. This is the first time Delilah ever mentioned this.

"What?"

"He killed her. Why do you think my mother is still with him? Cause she hated her and she made him kill her." Delilah became angry.

"Delia, let's go to bed." Marcus finally knew what she meant and that means it's either sleepy time or angry time and he always wanted Delilah to sleep.

"Sleep with me?" Delilahs puppy dog eyes looked at Marcus.

"You know I can't say no," Marcus smiled as the two jumped off the roof of the garage and ran to Delilahs house.

The two finally got into Delilahs room, which was just covered in art. Like paintings, sketchbooks and paints everywhere.

"Come on," Marcus said and they went to bed. The usual position and everything.