The Book Of Fools

There she was again rambling offhandedly about 'him'.
I thought it was strange how Mina always talked about Bakugou Katsuki. 

It had started a few months ago, just before the summer of our junior year of high school. She had been very subtle at first about the questions, I knocked it off as curiosity being the reason behind it. The tall, brooding, firecracker of a man wasn't anything less than a mystery so it made sense. Though 'curiosity' doesn't exactly fit now though, When her questions turned more towards wanting certain details and characteristics she didn't exactly /need/ to know. 

I was beginning to feel horrible that I was the one hand feeding her the information she now valued so dearly. Being the witness to my own best friend's slight infatuation turn into an obsession, it was scary and maybe even unhealthy. For the sake of my friends' safety and because Bakugou definitely wasn't the type of person to be messed with, I decided to find out just what exactly Mina was trying to get at. 

"Why are you doing this?" I finally asked.

We were within our fourth hour, Home ec. Thankfully we really don't do much for the entire hour but talk. The class was constantly noisy as students threw paper planes and measuring tape at each other, our work consisted completely of half-assed quickly sewn random pieces of fabric done in 5 minutes or less, which we got full credit for mind you.

Mina gave me a confused look, dropping her eyes to the small red sample fabrics in her hands she was holding before setting them down "I'm just trying to figure out which reds go best together, Dude" I glance down to notice one fabric to be a bright ruby with very thin orange threads woven in. 

Please, for the sake of my own sanity don't tell me she's trying to go for Bakugou's eyes. "What? No, I'm not talking about the fabric. I'm talking about why are you so interested in Bakugou? Don't get me wrong if you had some type of fortune teller say you're destined to save his life or something then, by all means, please do fulfill your manly prophecy, Dude but like come on you're maybe kinda slightly too obsessed. Wait, don't tell me you're-" Mina's cheeks flared up, she realized the conclusions I had just come to and I knew from her reaction I was completely right. 

"Don't say it out loud! That'd be tots embarrassing!" She whispered harshly, covering my mouth tightly with her hands well looking back and forth between tables, it was almost like looking at a tweeker. 

My initial reaction was excitement, the last time Mina had expressed feelings for someone was two years ago. It'd been this huge mishap with Todoroki that humiliated her anytime I brought it up. She liked to call it her "Horny desperate time of need". I liked to comfort her by saying something could've happened if Kaminari hadn't gotten in the way. She'd always beat me up afterward. 

Then I remember who exactly the pink-haired had a crush on. 

"Do you /really/ have to make that face, Kiri? You look like someone just took a shit in front of you."

/That's because you liking Bakugou is the equivalence to someone taking a shit in front of me!/ 

"You've gone full idiot, haven't you!" I whispered just as angrily as she did well prying her small hands away from my face. In the next five seconds if I don't get a hold of these new big waves of sudden emotions, the bathroom stall, and good couple anxiety pills will be my new best friend, be damned Mina. "Bakugou is the worse person anybody could like, Mina!"

"You really don't have to be so harsh about it" 

"It's literally the only way you're going to get it because I know right now he seems like some mysterious guy and he definitely is! I hardly even know anything about him but I do know he's an ANIMAL, Dude. This is Bakugou we're talking about. I can't believe I told you all this shit about him. I'm an Idiot!" 

"Kiri, it's really not that big of a deal. Come on, calm down" 

But Mina didn't understand. 
Bakugou wasn't just some scary triangle-shaped figure, pale complexion, with an ire aura. Mina didn't know the version of the guy I did, She didn't know how much larger his hands were than ours, that he could crush us and without hesitation. He'd do it to anybody. All Mina was basing her infatuation off was on by the eye. She saw Bakugou as a guy with strong arms who wore loose-fitting clothes. She liked how fluffy his hair looked, how it framed his face and touched his nape, barely down his spine.

/Everyone/ liked those aspects of him because he made them look good. That's why no one questioned why he was friends with Midoriya Izuku, a fucking star football player, and Todoroki Shouto, the world's next most loved President. It wasn't solely based on the reason they've been close as shit since elementary school. People are far too uncaring to think that it was that simple. No, people liked seeing Bakugou hang out with two attractive, charismatic people because it made him look more appealing because he too was attractive. Mina was getting suckered into what everyone else saw.