Spies in Disguise: Operation - Part 2

Narrative: An undercover detective and a S

Narrative: An undercover detective and a S.H.I.E.L.D agent had initially two targets that night; a kingpin's lackeys and each other. But plans change and they end up having to work together. Will they bomb the mission (both literally and figuratively) with their incapability to tolerate one another, or will they succeed in capturing the bad guy and each other's attention?

_________________________________

"Peter Parker?" Michelle asked. "Your name's actually Peter Parker?"

It didn't take much to convince Michelle that Peter was a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. If the badass moves and transforming into his true image didn't give it away; the badge and spy gadgets would've been enough. But that didn't make Michelle any less weary of him.

Now, here they were, in the elevator heading for Nick Fury's office reporting their findings or in Michelle's case: proving Peter's credibility. The doors dinged as they opened indicating that they've reached their destination. Out they went still walking the long halls of the building.

"How does one live with the shame that their initials are P and P? Let guess, is your middle name Patrick," Michelle had teased him shamelessly. Peter gave her an unimpressed look, causing to stifle her giggle. Before he could make a remark, they had already made it to his Captain's office.

Entering, they saw three figures in the room: Ned, Agent Coulson, and the Captain himself. Michelle wasn't acquainted with them yet so she didn't know who the three onlookers were. "Back so soon, Agent?" The deep and proud voice of Nick Fury echoed out to them. "And with more information too, sir," Peter reported as he brought the file and the briefcase onto his desk. "You never fail to please me, Parker."

"And I see you brought company," all eyes were now directed to the girl who still stood close to the entrance. She stared back at them anxious, but finally walked up closer to introduce herself. "Michelle Jones, NYPD," she showed them her badge. "Ah detective," Fury said as if it were a realization, "I thought you guys weren't to fond of us agents?" "We're not, but I didn't have much of choice. I got questions and you guys seem to be the only ones who have answers," Michelle answered honestly.

If Peter wasn't awestruck before, he sure is now. She seemed headstrong and determined, it was definitely something he could admire if it weren't for her sharp tongue. "You got spunk, I respect that," the director of the secret organization complimented. "Ask away..."

"What's going on with this case? Why do S.H.I.E.L.D agents need to get involved? And who are you people," that was all Michelle could think of, for now. "All your questions will be answered in due time, but first, divulge us what you do know about the mission."

Since learning Peter was the S.H.I.E.L.D agent she had been warned about, Michelle wasn't too trusting. But the pleading look plastered on his face caused her to reluctantly comply. Both sides shared their hold of information, and the tech genius gathered everything he could—even the files and briefcase—then went off to his lab with the others in tow.