To my Portion of Forever

Dear Portion of Forever,

Before I go straight to why I wrote this, I just want you to know that I am so thankful of all the moments we had; moments of heartbreaks and sleepless nights of crying. Yet, also had moments with you of loud laughs and long wide adventure.

With every stress, pain and sweat we felt and taken out, we were with each other's side. However I am proud of how much we've changed as person and so thankful that God made his way of us to be together in each of the momentous parts of our lives.

God made us days discovering things about each other and by that, we were able to grow and learn together. Despite the challenges we had, we both struggled to make it through. Those good sides we loved and those ugly sides we accepted and forgiven that eventually made us become the best version of ourselves and made our relationship deeper.

All those reasons and moments made me keep you, but as I keep you, I realized that I am losing myself. In each moment of heartbreak because of jealousy and cheating, I became a girl who formed lines saying "It's okay", "I'm fine. It will be fine soon", "Just cry, it will we over soon", "I can get through it", "I can get used to it".

I realized now that those times, I mistreated myself. I put myself last. I realized myself so unwanted, unappreciated and undervalued.

If you are reading this right now, I hope you understand where I am coming from. It pains me that we are already stepping and setting foot on this point of time.

I know that we mutually felt and suffered to unhappiness because of unsettled arguments, pride battles and dissimilar perspectives.

Those were the times that we probably need each other's hands. Times that we should have let go of our ego. Times that we should have met halfway.

Sadly, we lost connection. We ignored each other. We left each other. Did not talk about our feelings. Did not bother to open up. We felt jealous and insecure but just shove it inside and act like there is nothing wrong.

Gradually, we lost our sweetness. We lost our excitement. We lost our smiles.

Forthwith, we become numb. WE LOST OUR LOVE.

I am sorry if this is how we end. But on top of everything, thank you for the years of friendship, courtship and relationship. We will miss the chance to be together forever IN THE FUTURE but will never regret and forget that we have built together a portion of forever IN OUR PAST.

Nearly yours,

Your Almost Forever.