Maybe

Maya's pov

I don't want anyone to see my soft side. Ever. One problem, I. Like. Lucas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas' pov

I think Riley thinks I like her. Truth be told, I like Maya. Her Soft blonde hair. Her rebellious attitude, it fits her. I told my friend Billy and he said

"She's breaking and you don't want to be there when she does."

Maybe I do I thought, Maybe I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day at school

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya's pov

Riley said we needed to talk. I hope she doesn't find out about my crush. Every time I think about it I get extremely red and flustered . We walked into the girls bathroom and talked. She said

  "I know you like Lucas."

"I'm sorry I feel so bad, like I lied to you and I really didn't mean to like the same boy you do." I could fell my face heating up with embarrassment.

"If anything I lied to you."

"How??" I questioned

"I like someone else."

"TELL ME!!" I yelled with excitement.

"Nope,sorry." Riley said

"One more thing, tell Lucas about your dad, we're all friends now.I know, Farkel knows, his turn. I just think it's right."

I nodded and agreed. I didn't want to do it but I know it's the right thing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucas' pov 

Maya said she had something to tell me. This is the first time we talked without the others so I'm guessing they already know. I am trying to play cool but it's so hard. I really don't want to blow it if it's something important.

"Heyyy cowboy."

"Yes,Ma'am?"

"Riley told me I should tell you something. It's kind of important."

Oh no I'm thinking. My mind is screaming at me to tell Maya I like her. I bite my tongue to make sure I don't say anything stupid.

"Are you listening,never mind I can't do this!" Maya says tearing up

"No,no,talk."

"My...my...dad...oh my god this is so much harder than I thought it would be. My dad left my mom and I. He started a new family."

"Are you okay?"I ask

"No, not really." I didn't mean to say that. I should've just said yes.

"How long do you think he'll be gone?"

"Forever."

"I'm so sorry, Maya,is there anything I can do?"

"The part no one else knows this but  my mom is either working or looking for him, but, she won't even talk about it to me."

"When did he leave?" I questioned

"Last week."

I pulled Maya into a hug. She cried into my shoulder. I've never seen her cry before and I hope I never have to again.The bell rang and I went to gym.

I told Billy about what happened and I was about to tell him about my crush but before I could he said,

"See no one wants her. Like I said she's breaking and you don't want to be there when she does."

"I do! You don't know her like I do! And you don't get to talk about her like that!" I yelled pinning him against the wall. I forgot Maya was in the same class, I looked behind  me and saw her. Tears were filling her eyes.