chapter 1

The year 2076

The world was white under the thick snow. A cold wind blew, the curtains fluttered.A figure stepped into the balcony .The wind blew through her hair ,she hugged herself .Her face was expressionless.

"Cold," She muttered as she felt the cold air against her skin .She stared into space. She stood there for a long time deep in thought .Her chocolate brown disheveled hair, her indifferent gaze and slender figure; it was as if she had come out of a beautiful painting.

"Miss, you shouldn't walk barefoot in this weather." she regained her senses. She looked at her feet;the maid draped a blanket over her shoulders."Miss ,how many times do I have to tell you not to get out?," the maid reprimanded "You shouldn't be wearing such light clothes in this weather!,'' .The girl didn't reply but simply glanced "Bella,prepare breakfast."She said as she put on the slippers  the maid prepared for her ." As you wish, miss."the maid bowed and escorted her lady back to the dining hall of the mansion behind them.The young lady entered the hall and took a seat opposite to  Algar Ainsworth

The hall had a grand chandelier hanging from above and paintings hanging on the walls ;a long table was set in the middle.

"Alexis where have you been?"Algar was concerned ." I was reading". He smiled at her.

Algar Ainsworth , the prime minister of Estus ;a wealthy country

." It is cold out there.Don't go there anymore ," he said ."it's beautiful," she replied."reminds you of the earth? "he asked curiously"it was more beautiful there".

Earth became uninhabitable.Fate wasn't so cruel to let humans perish. They discovered a new planet .A planet so similar to Earth that you wouldn't believe all this was a coincidence but, fate was not generous enough to let all humans live. Only the wealthy survived.

"Why? do you miss your parents" She could see the concern in his eyes.

Alexis was sold to Algar Ainsworth by her parents when she was barely a 10 year old .It wasn't uncommon at that time .Parents sold their kids to be used as killing machines for the war but Alexis wasn't used in war .She was confused, why he didn't use her?.she concluded he is kind.

Seeing the concern in his eyes she wondered whether those words she heard yesterday were just her imagination ." She is just a pawn in my game" these words rang in her head.

She knew the man in front of her was very ambitious;he was addicted to power but to her he was the only one left . She understood she was naive to think he was gentle and kind

."Pawn" she muttered under her breath.

"Why did father, choose me then ?" she asked him.He glanced at her suspiciously ."I just felt like it was the right thing to do "why did he lie?.Of course he will not tell her the truth.She was being manipulated all along. She smiled at him gently knowing she was merely a political tool , a tool to exchange for power .She knew sooner or later she would be gifted to Bernard Caulfield, the dictator .Gifted is just a nice way to put it. Her fate was to be his bed warmer. She didn't want it." Father, would you compel me to do what I don't want to?" she asked "if what you say is reasonable enough"

Would this be reasonable? she wanted to plead.but instinctively knew this wasn't something she had a say on.She was turning into an adult today .There will be a party held today. Mr. Caulfield would also be there .Will I be able to please him? .Mr Caulfield is rumored to sleep around with woman. If it's only once would I be able to hold it in. Today was the day, maybe the reason he wants to hold the party at the hotel Grand Inn." Then I'll take my leave, father"she stood up, and turned her back against her father. As soon as she walked out of the dining hall ,Bella came rushing "Is something the matter ?.You appear to be deep in thought Miss".Alexis glanced at the maid.

She wondered whether Bella knew about his plans.Probably not.He was a cautious man .He doesn't trust anyone other than Frank, his butler." Arrange for the dress. " "We will begin the preparations soon miss" "mhmm" Her maids prepared her bath. As she got in she observed her body ; turquoise colored eyes were rare .She maintained a diet and took extreme measures to take care of her body.A lot of money was put in to maintain her beauty.She used to feel pampered but now she felt nothing but fear ;the thought of a man whom she doesn't love touching her made her feel dirty.

She got up  and put on her robe .She entered a luxurious room .The comfortable bed and all the expensive furniture and decorations now instilled fear in her. She felt suffocated and trapped .She sat on the bed, looked at herself in the mirror .She had turquoise upturned eyes, they were rare, red thin lips with a small nose and her porcelain skin .All these once made her feel lucky but now she felt an unknown emotion rise.  Fine outside but broken inside.

Every moment felt like hell.

The door opened with a creak .Bella stepped inside." Why didn't you knock?,"Alexis asked ."I knocked miss, but you didn't answer " she replied as she escorted her lady to the dressing mirror .She ran her hands through her lady's hair and proceeded to comb her disheveled hair." You appear deep in thought" ."Nothing"Bella placed a necklace around her lady's neck .Her hand lightly brushed against her lady's neck .Alexis went stiff .No one but Alexis knew that now she felt disgusted at even the slightest touch .

PS don't forget to vote if you like the chapter.