Chapter 1

Picture of Temperance

Temperance is named temperance because I feel like that's what a rich prick would name their child

Chapter name: Welcome to my life
**************************************************************************

Temperance

My eyes flutter open. The cold, hard surface against my back reminds me that I am still in the living room. My head buzzes from the nausea rising in my throat.

I shakily stand, every nerve failing my efforts. I feel pain all over. My body wobbles on the spot, almost collapsing.

The stinging sensation in my chest increases with every breath I take. Perhaps my stomach suffered another internal bleeding.

Memories from last night fill my mind as I shrink in my position, feeling the shivers upon my barely covered body. Every slap, punch and kick crashes back engulfing me in sorrow.

Is it worth having his daughter raped? All for the drugs that didn't do him any good?

Everything hurts so bad that I have to limp all the way to my room. Jolts of numbing pain hit my lower stomach with each step I take. I bite my lip, forcing the flashbacks of that unknown man's brutal force to disappear.

I'm not okay at all.

My emotions have become stagnant. The battle I fight has blurred. While I see countless shadows floating above, my own self continues to drown.

As I shower to wash the remnants of last night away, my wounds reacted to the water falling on them. They sting.

My mouth curves to a bitter smile. When I glance at the mirror, the reflection etched the fact that I no longer had the creamy pale skin from before. It's riddled with discoloration everywhere.

My eyes fall on the purplish bruises on my thighs. I graze my fingers over my stomach and chest where the concentration of bruises are at peak.

Turning to the side, I notice my hips bones peering out from my body. Food is a luxury to me and that is why I look more malnourished than skinny. If I try to sneak food, I'll be punished. A type of spanking that left whelps on my body.

The only good thing that comes out from my malnourishment was how it makes my curves stand out.

I wince at the glaring handprint left on my neck and black eye that contrasts my pale face.

My thoughts wander to the only two people I may address as my friends, Nicole and Ryan. They've been with me for years.

My mom and Nicole's mom, Emily had been friends since their high school days which laid the foundation to my and Nicole's friendship.

Ryan came into our lives when Nicole and I started elementary school. And he completed our trio.

They don't know about the abuse. No one does.

My father always tells me that no one's going to believe it anyway. Why? Because that's the image no one could instill about him.