Dixie

May 15, 2017
My alarm goes off at 8:30 am. I get up and go to my closet and pull out a white floral dress with a jean jacket and one of many pairs of cowgirl boots I have.

I go hope in the shower

I go hope in the shower. I shampoo and conditioner my hair with my rose hips hair wash. Then wash my body with my lavender body wash. I get out, dry myself off and blow dry my  hair and curl loose curls into my blonde hair. I put my make up on, slip my boots on, grab my keys and walk out the door to my truck. It's a 2017 Chevy Silverado Big 10.

I stop at the local coffee shop and grab a French vanilla iced coffee. As I walk out I bump into a solid frame. I look up into the most gorgeous blue/green eyes I've ever seen. I've seen this man before he's from The 5th Wave. Alex Roe. Some how I managed to not spill my coffee.

When our eyes met it was an instant connection. He grabs my waist to steady me bolts of electricity surge through my body. I can see in his eyes he feels is too. This is something I've never experienced with anyone.

"I'm so sorry. I'm in a bit of a rush." I say apologetically.

"Don't worry about it love." He says in his British accent. "How about to make it up to me you show me around? And maybe a bite to eat."

"Sounds great but right now I really have to open up my flower shop." I say pointing to the corner of the opposite street where my rustic little flower shop sits.

"It's a beautiful little shop. Mind if I tag along?" He asks.

"Be my guest. I'm Dixie Rose by the the way. But you can call me Dixie." I say starting to walk to my shop.

"I'm Alex. It's wonderful to meet you Dixie." He says as he follows me to my shop. I grab my keys out of my bag and unlock the door. "It's lovely."

"Thank you. I've worked so hard to make this place this amazing."

"So tell me about you, your family."

"Well I'm 25, no boyfriend, I own my own house. My dad is the Sheriff, Sheriff Dawson and my brothers a deputy Deputy Dawson. But I just call my brother Colt. He's 28. I have two horses. Lightning and Thunder. And I'll tell you a secret about me."

"What's this secret you speak of?" He asks curiously.

"Well I play guitar and sing." I say.

My phone rings as I go flip my closed sign to open. I grab my phone off of the counter it's my dad.

"Hey daddy." I answer.

"Hi darling just checking that you're still coming to dinner at my place later. Colt and Lydia and the twins are coming too." Daddy says.