Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of Elaina coming home from school. She walked into the room and threw her backpack down.
"Hey, Nox." She says tiredly. Her slim hand runs through my smokey grey fur. I stretch under her touch and pur.

Her skin was pale and her eyes had dark circles around them. She was always tired and her eyes were a dull greyish blue.

When she climbed onto the bed the bed didn't dip very deep because of how little she weighed. She was so frail and small for someone who was 16.

She leaned against the headboard with her feet stretched out in front of her. She wore her favorite yellow sweater that had bananas printed all over it, a matching oversized floppy beanie, and her black ripped skinny jeans. Her vans were left neatly placed beside her backpack.

I got up from where I was laying at the end of the bed and walked over to her. She gently picked me up and placed me in her lap.

"You're such a sweet kitty, Nox." She said while petting me. I stretched out on her lap and purred at her touch.

"Guess what, Nox. We're moving. You'll really like where we're going. It's a bit colder than here and there's quite a lot of rain there." She said as she looked out the window next to her bed. It was raining ever so slightly outside.

Rain was Elaina's favorite type of weather because of the soothing sound and as a kid she would always jump around and play in the rain in her yellow raincoat and boots.

I'm definetly gonna like it better for sure. Colder outside means warmer inside.

The next few days I layed on Elaina's bed that was now bare of any covers or pillows and watched as she packed all her things away. She packed all of my things away in a seperate box labeled Nox.

A knock sounded at the door and in walked Elaina's twin brother, Kale. He had the same pale sickly complexion and small boney frame. His hair was a bit longer than other boys and was always a bit messy in a cute way. The only difference between him and her that I could see was that Kale had freakles spotted all across his face and body.

"Hey, Lain, we're about to load everything in the moving van and our smaller travel bags in the car, do you need any help?" he asks.

"yes, actually. All of the big stuff except for my bed has been moved down stairs for the moving van and these two other boxes need to go down there as well. Other than that I've got the rest. All I have for the car ride is my backpack and a box of Nox's things." She said.

"Ok I'll take the boxes and I'll get dad so we can move the bed down stairs." he said.

Kale moved across the room to the boxes she had mentioned early and stacked them before picking them up and leaving the room.

Elaina stood up from where she sat on the floor and grabbed her backpack that she had packed with three pairs of clothes, her toothbrush and toothpaste, her hairbrush, and deodorant.

The box of my things consisted of my bed, a blanket Kale had made me for my birthday, my toy mouse, and a small cat brush Elaina likes to use on my fur.

I'm both Kale's and Elaine's cat. Although Elaina has claimed me as her familiar so to speak. You never see her without me unless pets aren't allowed. Kale doesn't seem to mind that I'm always with Elaina but he does get the chance to play with me and pet me. He mainly shows his love by taking care of the kitty litter, buying my favorite food brand, and getting/making me presents occasionally.

Elaina picks up my box then turns to me.

"Follow me, Nox. We're going to the car." She said sweetly. I stood up then jumped down off the bed and followed her. My soft paws silently walked on the wooden floor behind Elaina's. Her steps were quite louder than mine.