⋆Eighteen⋆

"𝕠𝕨 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕦𝕡?"

...

Earlier that same night

Finn follows his principle out of the dining hall and into the dark and starry night. He stops abruptly once they are far enough away from anyone who may be able to listen in.

This makes Finn nervous. Anxious to know what is so crucial that Mr.Hopper must inform him now of.

Mr.Hopper faces Finn before inhaling deeply. Finn can barely make out his facial expression through the darkness. However, with the help of the moon shining down, he can depict, a slightly angry expression.

"So, Hows camp treating you?" His principle starts.

"Pretty good" Finn answers slowly, confusion evident in his tone.

Mr.Hopper nods in agreement. "I can see that."

"Im sorry, sir?" Finn asks, not knowing what he had meant.

"Dont play dumb with me, boy" He snaps back.

"Im sorry but I really dont kno-"

"I've seen you around with Ms Brown."

This is about her, are you kidding me?!

"Yes... well she is my bunkmate, so naturally we spend a good amount of time together." Finn answeres simply

"I see you all over her" Mr.Hopper grumbles at Finn.

He crouches to speak directly towards him. "Throwing her in the lake, against her will."

"She was fine with it!-"

"Nonsense!" His principle snaps back. "Either way, I told you very clearly, to keep the relationship between you and Ms.Brown strictly on a friendship basis."

"And you clearly haven't taken that warning seriously enough."

"I swear there's nothing goi-" Finn pleads.

"Thats enough, Mr.Wolfhard!" Mr.Hopper finishes sternly.

"I have no choice but to demote you from the captain of the soccer team."

"But sir-"

"It's final! Besides, you're grades haven't been very great lately, and I think its time you take a step back and focus on passing your classes."

Finn is speechless. He cant believe that out of all the things, the only thing that he is recognised for being good at is being torn away from him.

Finns principle places his hand on his shoulder firmly and crouches close to his ear. "Just remember to listen to me next time."

-

Finn walks home in the darkness, still trying to fathom what had just happened. He is feeling all sorts of feelings at once; frustration, confusion, and most of all, anger. Angry at himself for not keeping himself in line.

How did things get so fucked up?

However, deep down, he knows the answer to his question.

Millie.

Just over the past few days during which Finn has gotten to know Millie, he has felt an undeniable bond towards her that he hasn't experienced before.

Chemistry? Maybe.

Nevertheless, it has made him act in rational ways and do the things he isnt known for, that is genuinely caring for a girl and her wellbeing. He doesn't see females as objects; however, he has never been the type to catch "feelings". For Finn, its always been strictly physical attraction, which hasn't been hard for him, since he is a pretty popular guy in school. However, Millie is the only girl, where his flirtatious self hasn't gotten him anywhere. She's one of the only girls that doesnt want anything from him and that itself drives him crazy.

He has tried his hardest to undermind the feelings that he has started to develop; however, it wasn't good enough.

And now because of his oblivious acts, he has gotten himself into another mess.

Fuck my parents are going to be so pissed.

The thought of his parents reacting to his parents, only causes him to get more aggravated by this situation.

As Finn reaches his Cabin, he slams the door shut as he enters. He goes into the kitchen and grabs the first thing out of the fridge that he can find.

Beer.

He sits down on the couch and starts sipping the light liquor in huge gulps, hoping for it to help him out of his dilemma.

Finn is trying to figure out who to blame, and even though his first thought is himself, he can't help but feels resentment towards the way Millie has handled this situation as well.

She knew just as well as he did that he needed to keep their relationship strictly a friendship or otherwise he would have to deal with consequences, which he has now faced.

However, she didn't care, because no one would ever dare to challenge her family and their name. The higher in power will always win and have an advantage, and in this case, it may not seem so apparent; however, Millie has all the power.

Finn isnt sure what to make of his mixture of feelings. However, he feels betrayed by his newly formed friend who only makes him crave the taste of beer, as he notices that his first bottle is now empty.

One more, I might as well try and make this night a little less shitty.

And so Finn sits back into the couch after getting himself a few more beers, just for safe measure, as he turned on a random TV channel, in attempts of distracting himself from the raging emotions he is experiencing.

The only way of relieving the constant rage was through another sip, and another, and another. Until he started to lose track of which bottle he was on.

...

{a/n}

Heyy!

A little bit of a shorter chapter... but

Hope this helped make more sense of the previous chapter

btw Im really close to 100 followers so please make sure you follow me to ensure you dont miss out on any new updates or announcements <3

Anyway: I hope you enjoyed, please let me know what you thought in the comments, I love reading your guyses comments

theories for next chap?

have a great rest of your week and see ya in the next one ;)

<3