Prologue

There are three forces that have been feuding for an unknown number of millenia. Maia, Sarantral, and Daggos.

Maia created the infinite planets and moons within the infinite universe. However, none of them were given the attention needed to grant life to them.

Sarasntral believed in order. A philosophy idolizing forms that had an absolute purpose along with an absolute and definite form. Stars, comets, planet rings. Perfection.

Daggos existed as an entity embodying chaos itself. It would unleash supernovas, black holes, and create asymmetric, colliding asteroid belts. A mess of cosmic proportion.

There came one point in the existence of the universe when Maia was tired of creating lifeless rocks. An ancient nine planet solar system had been noticed once more. Throughout an ice age without life, floating through nothing, one planet had formed oceans, over it's bland rocky surface. There was no terraforming required. Plant life thrived and created an atmosphere. This planet was gorgeous. Maia was in awe of how her own creation thrived on its own. It and the other two forces of the universe existed as being of absolute energy and power with no true physical form. Maia changed that. This particular force decided to exist upon the earth of this single planet.

A large form of pure blue light that had not yet existed came into creation. Four limbs stemming from a torso. A source of knowledge and thought that came upward from the center of the body. 5 digits from the ends of each limb. A chest that protruded slightly from the torso. No genitalia were made, but now a face for the source of knowledge. Limitations of sight, taste, smell, but a form of absolute beauty. Finally, long, curly streams came from this head reaching past the end of the torso. This body of light transformed into a body of brown similar to the earth of the planet. The previous streams of light from the head turned into a gorgeous and glistening black. When Maia's eyes opened they were a beautiful oceanic blue.

Maia's preferred pronouns were decidedly feminine. She, her, hers. Maia had given herself form upon this planet. On the only continent across the planet she created a species within her own image. Humanity. Specifically a woman. Maia's next creation was that of a man. More and more of these were birthed from cosmic energy harnessed by Maia. They worshipped their creator fervorously, however Maia implored them all to explore the free will they were given peacefully. She named this continent Amalgam after what had been made. A product of time, space and a rock left alone in the aether. This world.

"Experience life." Were the first words Maia ever spoke. With those two words, Maia imparted wisdom of the Amalgan language to this first flock of people. They were able to communicate and love and thrive. They existed solely in tranquility. Maia created animals after humans. The land, sea, and sky flourished with new colors and forms.

Then she created a mix. Beastmen were humans with animalistic traits. Beastmen were naturally stronger and more resilient than humans were. Once they were done, Maia asked humans to accept this new race with love. Despite their differences in physical form, humans welcomed beastmen with open arms as Maia asked of them. There are beastmen that resemble rabbits, cats, dogs, scorpions, and so much more. Aquatic, aviary, and beyond.

Maia then took their peace and harmony as her time to ascend. She created a realm where she alone resided as a cosmic being. As humanity would age and die, Maia would welcome the souls into her realm, reshape them and give them the choice to stay, or to reincarnate into a new life on the planet's surface.

This peace did last.

The other two massive cosmic beings in the universe became jealous. Daggos found a new project to corrupt. Saranstral then found it her job to fix what Daggos would soon break.