Cryosleep

A/N: This is my first One-Shot. Feel free to give advice. Constructive criticism is welcome as well as grammar corrections. I hope you enjoy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I gasp as my eyes open suddenly, revealing to me the room I am in. White walls, white bed.

Starry Night.

No. No no no no no. This can't be happening.

I approach the familiar door, the window shattered, blood on the ground from where I cut myself. I look down at my arm, the wound freshly opened and dripping more blood onto the sterilized tile.

I push against the door lightly and it yields, opening into the quarantine hallway.

I look at the sign on the right of my door.

Two words stick out to me.

Mount Weather.

I'm back.

A cloaked figure emerges in my sight from one of the doors. Blue hazmat suit and basket of cleaning supplies.

I feel my grip around the glass tighten.

Wait. How did that get in my hand?

"Maya." I call out the name I had not heard in so long.

No response. I slowly approach the figure and rip off the mask to the suit.

She takes out her headphones. "What are you doing? I could get contaminated!" She says, trying to retrieve the helmet.

"Maya." I say again, in disbelief.

"How do you know my name?" She asks, backing up a step.

"I-I'm so sorry Maya. I didn't want to. I had no choice. I know you can't forgive me. I don't deserve it." I say, apologizing for everything. For destroying her life and countless others.

"What are you talking about? Let me help you Clarke." She says.

My friends. If Maya is here then... I run down the hallway leading to the elevator, her keycard in my hand.

Where are these things coming from?

I swipe it along the door and the elevator opens just as Maya runs up. I get in the elevator and hit floor 5. Maya jumps in as the doors start to close.

"You can't go down there. There's a process, you have to be sent out of quarantine." She starts rambling, trying to get me back to the quarantine level.

I start to speak. "You can't get contaminated. Trust me." The elevator halts with a ding and I rush to the small gathering room I had been welcomed to the first time around.

I see some figures and soon Jasper turns to me.

I gasp as I take in the sight of the broken boy I had created.

Happy.

"Clarke!" He says, wrapping me in a hug.

"Where's Monty? He should be with you guys." I notice the Asian boy missing from this reunion. This isn't how it happened.

"He isn't here. You know that." Jasper says as if I should know this.

I soon start to feel the other people in the other room.

What they did to us. To me.

"We have to get out of here. All of us." I whisper to him. "It's not safe here."