Prologue

"I'm gonna miss you soooo much! Call and text any chance you get. Look after yourself. And try not to fall in love while you're there!" You'd think this is a conversation a person would have with their mother, but this is my best friend Allie. Unfortunately this conversation was happening over the phone so I couldn't hug her and tell her to stop worrying, but then again, maybe it's better this way so we can't get too emotional. 

"Not everyone falls as easy as you." I mocked. Allie was in a pretty serious relationship with another one of my best friends. I loved both of them and she knows I was only joking. "Sweetie I really gotta go or I'm gonna be late and my mom will be pissed. You know I love you! God this camp's going to suck without you so so much!" We exchanged our goodbyes as my mom was looking at me impatiently.

"You know I want to say goodbye to you too." She rolled her eyes. "So your buddy covered almost all the basics I'm just gonna add on with please no drinking you don't wanna be sent home early and embarrassed or God forbid end up in a hospital." She kept the speech going for the entire ride to the airport. She's actually the last thing I remember before everything got blurry. My mother's warm hug and kind words as I parted from her and approached my school group ready to departure.