11 - The Instant Celeb Crush

Ance, Shane, and Ate Via exploded with kilig when they saw my IG stories. I could see their messages in our group chat during our food hop but I decided to spill the beans the next day na. Ayokong sabihin sa kanila while it was happening because I was absolutely positive that they'd go wild and tease me, and I didn't wanna feel conscious while I was with Rhys.

I had a two-week period of hermit mode afterward. All grind and no chill. The only actual break from work that I had were the nights when Kuya Cairo would pull me out of my room so we could go out to eat dinner. It was a hectic period for me, but I was glad he was around to look after me during moments when I could barely stop myself from overworking. 

Surprisingly, my group chat with my friends were a little bit quiet, too, so I was surprised when my phone suddenly kept vibrating with the endless notifications coming from Twitter. For a second, I thought my friends were talking there, but when I checked them out, the tweets came from strangers instead.

Ah. There must be an update.

Sure enough, Shane sent me the url to the update, with a message: READ IT NOW BITCH.

Curious, I went out for a quick coffee break to read the update. Since toxic ang pagbabasa at pag-e-edit nang sunud-sunod, the company made it a point to give us quick coffee breaks to avoid overworking our eyes. Which was convenient because reading without stops could be straining for us.

When I saw the update, I was mildly taken aback. It was about the sudden food hop but not only that. May kasamang photos. Of an influencer that I'd only ever heard about until that day.

His name was . . . okay, I didn't know what his name was. I checked the comments but no one seemed to know him yet.

Me:
Who's this boy?

Ate Via:
Cute ba? He's my new crush

Me:
Yeah he looks good. What's his name?

Ance:
You don't know him bro? Ako rin. Hahaha

Shane:
Search Zylo Reed on Youtube, babe. He's a travel vlogger

Ate Via:
Model din. He's half fil, half french. Zylo Reed Di Vaio. Check mo, dali

So I did. Quick check lang because my coffee break's going to end soon. I went to Youtube and typed his name—and totoo nga. The guy was a travel and food vlogger. He's got a lot of videos in his channel, and they all looked interesting. I made a mental note to check them out later on.

Pabalik na 'ko sa station ko when more messages from Twitter notified me. They were similar questions, all asking me if I was really dating "the guy."

Inadvertently, my mind went back to Rhys. I hadn't heard back from him since our foodtrip. Our only interaction with each other was when we had new IG stories and we'd leave harmless reactions to it.

I was thinking na baka dahil wala ng thrill, he'd lost interest in being friends but he proved me wrong yet again when he randomly gave me a text message three days later on a Friday night. In retrospect, it should've been expected because he was, after all, a true party animal. It shouldn't be a surprise that he'd only remember me during party 'days.'

Rhys:
Hey, what you up to tonight?

Me:
Nothing. I'm still at work

Rhys:
Up for some booze?

Me:
Lol no dude. Overtime ako today