Chapter 1

THOMAS POV:

My arm finally stopped hurting. I agreed to this stupid dare. Enter glader woods and play the game. Minho already told me not to but I agreed because we would be considered the cool kids instead of nerds who just play video games. However they broke my right arm. I entered the woods with my flashlight and started searching for the pages. I looked all over. There was some weird abandon building. I'm not sure what it is. I entered and could hear my own footsteps. I shined the light in a room and jumped. There was a younger boy. He turned to me and got scared. The boy vanished. I better find these shucking pages. I kept walking. A boy with mad eyebrows appeared in front of me. I screamed and fell on my butt. The boy smiled and looked to be silently laughing. The gladers also don't speak. I'm not sure their mouth even opens. The boy started walking up to me. I got up and ran. I ran to the exit and kept passing boys who would appear out of no where only to scare me.

I looked back for eyebrows and didn't see him. I ran into the wall and dislocated my left shoulder. I dropped the flash light and kept running. Maybe Minho was right. It's not worth the risk. I tripped on a tree root and twisted my left ankle. I closed my eyes and curled up in pain. I yelled and felt a few tears. This shucking hurts. I slowly tried to get up. I couldn't. I laid on my side and saw the gladers standing around me. I laid on my back as they have surrounded me. "Just kill me now" I said. They all looked at each other as if they were communicating. They finished and looked at me. Eyebrows and some of the others started leaving. I locked eyes with a cute boy. His blond hair, those brown eyes, his perfect body. I already knew I was gay but I didn't think I would fall for someone who not only isn't human but also might try to kill me. The boy picked me up and started carrying me some where. I am confused. Usually they only kill you. Some said that if they like you then they will turn you into a glader.

There is many beliefs on how that works. One says they sew your mouth shut so you can't speak like them. Then they bite you and infect you with a green goo. After that you will wake up a true glader. I don't believe that though. Unless I'm being carried there right now. I froze and stiffened up. The boy held me closer and kissed my forehead. I was surprised. Did he actually just kiss me? The boy carried me to a abandon apartment it looks like. I guess they all have their own rooms. I noticed some of the boys sleep together or just share a room. Instead of numbers it is names. We made it a room that said Newt. His name must be Newt. We entered and Newt laid me on the bed. He left to go get something. I don't want to find out what. I quickly got up and tried to somewhat crawl to the door. Mostly sliding and using a broken arm to pull me forward. I made it to the stairs. Okay, now I have to be careful. I tried to slowly put my legs in front of me but lost balance and tumbled down the stairs. I groaned in pain when I reached the bottom.