Garroth p.o.v

Garroth lifted the end of a chopped down tree and started to drag it towards his home. He was planning to make it into firewood so he wouldn't be cold during the coming winter. The sorcerers had warned his home village that this winter will be a hash one and to start to prepare for it early. He set the tree down near a chopping block and grabbed his trusty axe, rising it above his head, he brought it down onto the tree. He did this over and over until he had dived the tree up into medium size stumps.

He grabbed one of the stumps and placed it on the block. This time focusing to keep the axe steady, he brought it down onto the center of the stump and cut it into two pieces then into four. He did this with each stump until they were small enough to be put into his fireplace. Garroth smiled down at his work, proud that he had the strength to do this within an hour or 2, but it was short lived as someone whistled behind him. " d**m Garroth, you should've done that without a shirt, that would have been a better show" Garroth knew that flirty voice anywhere. "Shouldn't you be preparing for winter Laurence?" he turned around and looked at the brown-haired male, which was leaning against his house, with an unamused look.

Who needs to prepare when you can use magic?" Laurence waved his hand around in the air, leaving a wispy trail of blue smoke behind it. Garroth watched as Laurence directed the smoke to the freshly chopped firewood and made them disappear. "Hey what the f**k!? What did you do?!" Garroth glared at Laurence, about two hours of his work was wasted.

Laurence just chuckled and walked over to Garroth "don't worry blondie, I put your wood in your house~" Garroth was a little relived but was still mad that Laurence tricked him. "you can't use magic for everything you know" Garroth slammed his axe into the chopping block, making Laurence jump a little, and left it stuck in there. Taking off his gloves Garroth walked to his garden. "Yes I can, it's so easy to finishes chores and solve some common problems with some magic" before Garroth could take another step, blue smoke wrapped around his body, but as soon as it appeared it disappeared, leaving behind a soft warm jacket.

Garroth let out a sigh "All magic comes with a price though, what will happen if you can't pay that price one day?" he hugged the jacket and smiled softly at the kind gift. "Trust me that won't happen" Laurence said with a dull voice as he walked into Garroth's house. Garroth rolled his eyes and continued his chores. By the time he was done with harvesting his garden of vegetables Laurence had made dinner for the two of them. He could tell because of the scent that came from the open window. Garroth put the tools away and walked inside, wiping his feet before the door, he saw Laurence in the kitchen. He expected him to be using magic but too Garroth's surprise Laurence wasn't.

"So, you use magic for everything expect cooking?" Garroth asked curious. "Yeah, funny right, whenever I use magic to cook the food it tastes horrible but when I cook normally people love it." Laurence smiled sweetly as he put down a mixing bowl. Garroth sat down at the table as Laurence set out the food. "Thank you for the food but I've been meaning to ask, why do you cook for me?" he asked as he started to cut the steak on his plate. A light pink color formed on Laurence's cheeks "C-can't I cook for a friend?" he sat down across from Garroth and started to eat. "Well of course you can, I was just curious since you do this often for me." Garroth smiled sweetly which made Laurence's blush grow. Laurence swallowed a piece of meat and looked outside "since we're asking questions may I um ask to live with you Garroth?" this caught the blond off guard and almost made him spill his drink. "W-wait what? I don't think I head you correctly, did you say you wanted to live with me?!" Laurence turned to face Garroth and nodded.

"Since I come over and spend most of my time here, I thought it might be a good idea to just live here with you, if that's alright with you though, I understand if you don't want anyone else to be here an-""of course you can live with me Laurence, it would be nice to not be alone for a change" Laurence couldn't believe what he was hearing for a second, but for only a second, he face filled with joy as he got up and hugged Garroth." Oh, thank you thank you thank you! I swear to be the best housemate you ever had!" Garroth laughed and hugged back, slightly regretting his quick response.

Afterthat slightly joyful dinner Laurence wasted no time to move his things in,which he could in a couple minutes with his magic, it would have taken lesstime but Garroth interfered a couple times to rearrange