Boundless

I let the warm, compact drops pelt against my tense muscles, bringing my hands to my face and letting my eyelashes fall against my flushed cheeks. I slide down the cold, damp wall and let my thoughts run down the drain along with my nerves. The heat relaxes my body, and I look up, my eyes still closed and the water sliding down against my face. I stand up and turn the tap off, the psychological affect of the heat slipping away from me.

I step onto the cold tiles of my bathroom,  probably the last time I'll get to do this for a long time, and pull a towel around my skin, covered in bumps that shiver under the cool air of morning.

I walk towards my closet, pulling out a cream knit sweater, pulling it over my head, a pair of blue jeans and my brown loafers. I look out of my window, seeing my brother loading the last of my things into the car underneath a clouded sky. I pull my blonde hair into a pony tail, letting now cold droplets run down my pale skin, and trail down my back. I look around my room, pulling a bag off my bed and filling it with the last of my items, books off of my book shelf and a few items of clothing.

I shrill voice calls my name from downstairs and I respond in silence, glancing at my empty room for the last time and walking to the front door.

" Well I know you've always been one for punctuality but this isn't meeting those standards Aubrey, " my mother states, her pale blue eyes keeping a firm gaze underneath her thin frames, and her olive skinned hand stroking the slight crease out of her brown skirt.

Without speaking, I shrugged a response.

" Well then, if there's nothing left to do, " she gazed around the living room, " We might as well get going. " Her plump figure stalks out of the front door and climbs into the drivers seat.

I follow her out, meeting my brother halfway down the drive way.

" Bree, " he pulls me into a hug, " Take care of yourself, don't forget to call me if you have any problems. "

" Jeremy I will ! Don't worry, you know you're the first person I'll call, " I pull back and gaze up at him, intently.

"Aubrey, let's go ! " I hear my mother's voice.

" Okay, travel safe, love you Bree, " I breathes.

" I will, I love you too, " I choke through my forming tears.

" Aubrey, this is the last time I'm going to call you, " she pears out of the window, her long, painted fingers tapping impatiently against the steering wheel.

I give my brother one last hug, and walk the rest of the walk to the car before climbing in beside my mother.

" Sorry, " I fumble, irritated.

" Look Aubrey, I know it's tough but be considerate, it's a long drive and I have to be back for work, I have a meeting and a flight to catch, " she says, her tone firm.

I stay silent the rest of the way, until we reach a large campus. The building looked old, large concrete pillars holding up and grand roof, covered in vines and creepers in some places, and fungus in the other.

" This is it, you have 20 minutes, " my mother waves her hand abruptly for my to start taking my things. I walk around to the back of the car, opening the trunk and pulling out my large suit case and a box with all my bedding, that's a start.

I walk towards the dorms, searching for my room number which seems non-existent until I come to a dark green door with a ratty gold handle, room 194B.

I knock, hoping to get a response, and soon enough I'm greeted with a monotonous voice ushering me inside.

" My name is Georgia, please don't disturb me I'm trying to study. " she says through pursed lips, her glasses hanging off of her nose and her round face looking down into a text book.