Like snow

"Would you like to say a few words?" The man asked me. I nodded and made my way to the podium.

I took a deep breath a spoke the eulogy id had planned since I found out Aundria had cancer.

"She was beautiful. She could light up the room with a smile. It wasn't because she had an overly pretty smile, no. It was because it was a rare occasion that she smiled. Aundria wasn't a happy girl, so to say. She never enjoyed life. She was...isolated you could say. She didn't like to talk when she was sad. She didn't like to cry. She didnt like to eat. She wanted to be isolated away from everyone who she thought could harm her. She was so fragile. Like glass. It wasn't a whiny, overdramatic fragile. It was the beautiful kind, the kind that attracted attention that she didn't want. So she put on a mask. On the outside she was the tough girl who would hurt you in a second, but on the inside. It was much different. On the inside, if you were laughing, it was because you were laughing at her refuge to pull of the clothes she was wearing. If you scowled, it was because you hated her guts. I was only one who saw through the facade. It was because I, myself am and have been for the longest time, broken. We were broken together and trying to fix each other, but it all deemed to much for her. It was so much that she made the inside match the outside. She made herself miserable. From then on she wasn't Aundria. She was this stranger. She was like snow. Beautiful but cold as ice."

Later as I went home, it kept repeating in my head. 'She was like snow. Beautiful, but cold as ice.' Over and over. Only because I also think that its me.