Thanksgiving Nightmare

A/N: This was written for @letothersriseseries Hope you like it !!

"Are you sure you've got everything under control?" Grantaire asked Enjolras as he ran about his room, throwing things in a suitcase.

"Yes, Taire. I'm sure. Just focus on packing. It's only a week long trip," he chastised.

"But-"

"R, relax. Please?" Grantaire sighed and wrapped his arms around him, resting his chin on top of his head.

"Alright. I love you, you know that?" he said softly.

"I love you too, Taire," Enjolras replied with a soft smile. Grantaire pressed a soft kiss against his head and went back to packing.

A few hours later, Enjolras was dropping Grantaire off at the train station.

"Make sure to have everything ready for Thursday and that Delphi needs a new book and-" Enjolras sighed and pulled him into a kiss to cut off Grantaire's rambling.

"It'll be okay. I love you," he promised. Grantaire relaxed a bit and hugged him tightly. "I love you too ange. I'll see you in at the end of the week!" He called as he got on the train.

Enjolras' optimism quickly vanished when he got into work and found his stack of work doubled. He started working through the cases and found that they were each more complex than the next. Byt the end of the day, he had barely made a dent in the pile. He packed away the papers he could use to work at home.

However when he got home, his day only got more strenuous. A note was taped to his front door. Please avoid parking the car with the abhorrent rainbow sticker thank you -Offended.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Enjolras groaned and ripped the note up. He went inside and, after checking on a sleeping Delphi, got right back to work.

He kept working for hours and hours until a soft knock on the door.

"Dad?" Delphi asked quietly as she pushed the door open. Enjolras sighed and got up.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" He asked softly kneeling down in front of her.

"I don't feel good," she answered, leaning against him. Enjolras pressed a hand against her forehead and sighed.

"I think you have a fever. We'll go see Uncle Ferre tomorrow, okay?" Delphi nodded in his shoulder. Enjolras picked up his daughter and brought her back to her room. "Try to get some more sleep for now, sweetheart." He turned to leave but he felt a tug on the back of his shirt.

"Can you stay?" Delphi asked.

"Of course," Enjolras replied and laid down next to her and fell asleep after almost two hours.

____________________________________________________________________

The next morning, Enjolras woke up to Delphi coughing painfully. He sighed and rubbed her back gently.

"Wanna go to the Uncle Joly?" He asked her. Delphi nodded and hid in his chest. Enjolras sighed and picked her up carefully and brought her out to the couch. He quickly got changed and grabbed a coat for Delphi. She was sneezing every few minutes and even after Enjolras got her in her jacket, she was still complaining about being cold. They went to the pediatric office where Joly worked and Enjolras carried his half asleep daughter into one of the rooms. When Joly came in, Delphi smiled slightly but stayed pressed against Enjolras. Joly smiled back and said hi to His friend.

"Hey Delphi, can you look up for me?" Joly asked in his pediatrician tone. She looked up at him and he checked her temperature quickly and throat.