thirty five

+

+

"The house is still as messy as ever." I walked inside our simple home, the various windows through the floor wide open and allowing a cool breeze inside.

I made a face and walked over to the nearest window, sliding it closed and locking it. "and you left the windows open the whole time we were gone? What if we were robbed or some shit?"

My old man shrugged and tossed his bag onto the floor beside the shoe rack, smushing his shoes. My black sandals were placed neatly by the door, while his were kicked off lazily. I resisted the urge to make a nasty comment about him being a pig. No matter how... disgusting he is, I don't even have the energy for that right now.

"I'm surprised a bird didn't fly in here and make a home for themselves." I turned around and placed my hands on my hips, scanning the little studio floor plan our home had.

The kitchen was overrun with halfway drunk water bottles, soda cans, and matcha cans. There were at least a dozen take out containers pouring out of the trash, that had probably been sitting out for kami knows how long... just... yuck. The smell wafting all the way over to my spot made me want to vomit right then and there. But then i'd just have to clean that up too, so no thanks.

"Actually, any self respecting animal or person wouldn't even come in here." I pinched my nose, grimacing at the sudden strength of the old takeout. I gave my old man a pitiful look. "You couldn't even take out the fucking trash? For real?"

He shrugged. "I'm a busy Jonin, little delinquent. Don't have time for things such as that."

"But you have time to read those garbage ass magazines?"

He waved me off, walking toward the back of the house, probably to his bedroom. "Let's not forget who's the parent here. Now i've gotta take a fat shit, so I'll see you in a bit."

I rolled my eyes. "Great, just so you can make the house smell even more like ass."

I sighed, placing my hands on my hips.

We arrived back in Kumo not too long ago and were released by the Raikage to rest after the long trip. He said some bullshit about us 'earning' a break, but that excuse seemed kinda sketch. Raikage-sama didn't believe in breaks. He believed that if we were in the need of a break, then that just meant we weren't conditioned enough to tolerate the amount of work needed to be done... which just ended up leading to more work.

Really, you just can't win with him.

I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do now. I guess I could just walk around the village... maybe take a nap? Train a little...

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, looking around at the still messy living room.

If one thing was for certain, I wasn't cleaning up any damn messes today. At least not any that weren't mine.