Prologue

Prologue-

The third Age, a time of peace unraveled, a time wherein warriors are called to arms, called by a higher power. It was during the Third Age that a daemon called Lagos subdued all of his brethren, and in doing so, he gave them a choice, to worship him as a God or die, ripped apart by clawed hands. For daemons, in the world of Markosh, there is only servitude and death, and so they worshiped their tormentor, their savior, and so he promised to deliver them from their foul and wretched existence. Lagos promised them a banquet, a feast of blood and tissue.

Conquering Markosh was no mean feat for Lagos, but daemons crave, and daemons yearn, and their yearning is far more severe than that of any elf, human, or dwarf, and the creature burned from within. In order to satiate his own indomitable cravings, he searched far and deep for power and found instead destruction, for long before Lagos, there was Golguhaar, the God of Destruction, and he had once commanded an army of daemons to fight Akalabash, his brother in arms, and to aid them, he crafted artifacts teeming with his essence.

Lagos recovered numerous artifacts, and by increasing his power, his yearning, he wormed his way into Akhai, the world of men. Unfortunately, he found that world to be quite different from his own, and in that world, a world wherein no one knew him, much less worshiped him, he found himself in a weakened state. It was then he realized his foolishness; to be a God, one must be received in all planes of existence, and so he set his fiery gaze and doled out the powers of destruction to those of ill intent, yet Akalabash called his finest to arms.

Now, in the world of men, kings plot, and pawns connive. Though for a time there was peace, evil has usurped the hearts of the powerful. Lagos has revived the cult of White Wraith, and those foul beings have recruited a most promising warrior, a man so prevailing, he has become worthy of holding the essence of the daemon. Through him, while presiding over Markosh, Lagos has united and befouled men.

Kings of countries and lords of provinces squabble and fight, spreading the will of destruction, yet that will alone is not sufficient to empower the daemon. He requires true worshipers, worshipers of Lagos. To that end, he has wielded his champion and has begun unleashing horrors. He has now come to reside within the ancient artifacts of destruction, and so every time one is recovered by a man who is less than honorable, the daemon claims another soul, another worshiper, another to spread the seeds of destruction....