No fate but what we make

Uncle Bob was driving the Volkswagen somewhere in New Mexico headed from the Mountains after a rather long summer vacation. There was no more Skynet. There was no more Terminators to come after them. It was decided by Sarah when John was fast asleep and it was only Uncle Bob to provide some form of company with her how to properly dispose of him after living a long and eventful lifespan. He would live long as John Connor could then he would be set free. He could see in her eyes that she had doubts if he had a soul, as did he, it puzzled him on what exactly a soul was that John Connor had spoken of during their late night camping.

It was exactly strange to consider of the young boy not needing to grow up into the war made man. A man that was meant to be the savior of humanity. And the future of humanity. Not that had changed. He was a ordinary man by all means. How could he live a normal life? The young man's life was marred by going against the law and sneaking out, as a child would when rebelling, in his record. Sarah Connor fast asleep at the back letting the man drive the Volkswagen. The warm hums of the engine was soothing. John looked toward his mother with a smile leaning against the car seat.

"You know, Uncle Bob," John said. "I can get used to this."

"Explain,"

"Watching my mom be happy," John said. "Not crying every night. Maybe she may find herself a girlfriend or a boyfriend to help her heal over my dad," he sat down into the seat. "Like a ordinary adult."

"You are suggesting that she does not have a social circle,"

"A social circle that is largely focused on guns,"

"Affirmative,"

"Okay, you really should learn something other than affirmative,"

"No problemo,"

John dropped his forehead into his hands.

"Yes or no would do," John raised his head up. "You are not in the military. And you are going to speak like a adult that doesn't insult people. Get it?"

"Your previous lessons---"

"Were stupid. Disregard them. This is for having friends of your age," John stressed. "When you leave people, you say goodbye but when you'll see them again, you say: see you later, alligator."

Bob looked toward John with a straight face that was halfway healed from the battle with the T-1000.

"Is that correct?"

John thought it over for a moment.

"Yeah," He folded his arms then slunk down into the chair. Uncle Bob turned his attention back on to the road. "But when people are really mean to you. . . You say those things I taught you. Or you are just making their acquentice. But not the dickwad part!"

"Processed,"

"And by the way, if you like to be a badass, do it wisely. If people saw you all well from a major incident like, lets say, being covered in fuel, that will fuel a lot of suspicouns. You tell them, that was a look alike, but if you had spoken and they recorded it in some way, I think you shouldn't have gone there in the first place." Uncle Bob looked down upon the young boy. Someone who had once been a young leader of humanity now becoming a teacher to his very eyes. "It would work. Trust me. Happens all the time in the shows. And comics."

"I will take this wisely under consideration,"

"Now you are at it!" John slapped Bob's shoulder. "You know, I am going to miss you."

Bob looked down toward John in a way that demonstrated his confusion.

"You and I are going to have to leave, eventually, part ways," John said. "I could become a dad and have kids with the person of my dreams. Someone who will understand my wariness of the government. . . Maybe their entire childhood wouldn't be so screwed up as mine."