𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝘨𝘪𝘢

i woke up to my phone ringing at full volume. i picked it up and saw that it was mrs. gilinsky.

"ma'am?" i said answering.

"goodmorning gia! did i wake you?"

"oh no i just haven't got up and moving yet." we both chuckled.

"oh okay. are you still coming to watch vincent at two?"

"yes ma'am."

"alright. see you then!" she said before saying bye bye and hanging up.

i love mrs. gilinsky, she's the sweetest woman i've ever met.

i decided to get up and start getting ready. i picked out my outfit, consisting of skinny ripped jeans and a tee shirt.

i showered then got out and continued with my hygienic needs. once i was done i brushed and blow dried my hair.

i put on some socks and some adidas NMD's. i grabbed a hoodie and my purse before leaving my apartment and getting in my car.

i took out my phone and dialed mrs. gilinsky.

"hey i'm on my way."

"okay, see you soon!" i hung up and started my drive to their house.

when i got there i got out of my car, grabbed my stay over bag, unlocked the door, and walked inside.

i've been babysitting vincent for about two months and sometimes i've even had to stay over so they decided to get me my own key.

"vinnie!" i yelled. he soon came running and giggling down the hallway.

"gg!" he yelled and hugged my legs. i put my purse on one of the coat hooks and picked him up.

i walked into the kitchen with him on my hip.

"hey gia!" mrs. gilinsky said before giving me a quick hug.

"you smell so good." she said. causing us both to laugh.

"it's this new shampoo. it works wonders." i winked. we laughed again.

"so you already know where everything is. you have emergency contacts. what am i forgetting? david! what am i forgetting to tell gia?!"

"probably that our son is coming home from college!"

what?

"oh yeah! well you know how i've told you a little bit about my oldest boy jack right?" i nodded slowly, not remembering anything she told me.

"he's coming home from college while he's on break and he should get here sometime tonight. don't worry he already knows who you are and why you'll be here for three days."

"good."

"well i guess it's time to head out. don't wanna miss our flight. david's mom is quite the time management junkie."

"i heard that."

me and mrs. gilinsky laughed.

"well i'll see you two later! bye bye." she said. she gave vincent a kiss and me a hug.

"bye guys! drive safe!" they waved bye back before shutting the door, leaving me and vincent.

"slumber party!" we both yelled. he jumped down out of my arms and ran to his room.

i grabbed some snacks and some drinks. i made my way into the living room and turned on Netflix on the tv.

soon vincent came running in with pillows and blankets. i took some out of his arms and we made a pallet on the floor. i put the snacks in the middle of us and turned on a movie.

as we ate and watched tv i heard a knock on the door.

"gg who is that?" vincent asked holding onto my arm.

"i'll go see. don't worry i'm sure it's nothing." i got up and looked through the peep hole. it was jack.

he had bags and a suit case in both hands. i opened the door and he came inside.

"thank you. you must be gia." he said. i nodded. he let go of his suitcase and stuck his hand out and shook my hand gently.

"bubba!" vincent said before running over to jack. jack dropped all of his bags before swooping up vincent in his arms.

i watched this sweet moment and then realized it was probably weird to watch so i looked away. i walked back over to our pallet and paused the movie so vincent wouldn't miss anything.

"bubba come watch it with us please!"

"i can't. i have to unpack everything."

"can it please wait? please!"

jack looked at him momentarily and smiled.

"yeah c'mon." he picked up vincent and sat down beside me. vincent cuddled into him but he held my hand too.

"you can press play now gg." i chuckled at his sass but pressed play.

about forty five minutes after jack got home vincent fell asleep between us.

"he's out like a light." jack said poking vincent's nose, receiving no response. i chuckled before standing up and picking him up.

"i can get him."

"no it's fine. you gotta get your bags." i said sweetly.

as i walked down the hall i realized that jack
probably wanted to tuck in his baby brother that he hadn't seen in months. how could i be so slow?

"you know what? here you can tuck him in. i'll get your bags."

"are you sure?"

"yeah it's no biggie." i said. he smiled as he gently took vincent from my arms and made his way to tuck him in.

i picked up his bags and brought them into his room. i set his suit case on his bad along with the other two duffle bags.

as i turned around to leave his room i saw him in the door way.

"so how long have you been babysitting him?" he asked taking some clothes out of his bags and putting them away.

"about two months."

"i hear a lot about you. everytime my mom calls me she somehow brings you up." he said chuckling. i nodded.

"yeah she's something else. god love her though. she's helped me through so much."

"yeah that sounds like my mom. i'll never be ungrateful for everything she's done."

"you know she talks about you too. sometimes i just forget to listen." we both laughed.

"yeah i've missed this house." he said looking around at his room.

"can i tell you a secret?" he asked. i nodded.

"i'm transferring to the community college here. i'm gonna surprise them with it on christmas."

i stood there in absolute shock.

"your mom is going to be so happy!" i said clapping my hands together quietly.

"yeah i hope so. i wanted to change my major and the college i was attending didn't have it so i'm transferring."

"what's your major?" i asked leaning against the door frame.

"musical technician. like the people the produce music and work on the sound boards in the studio."

"that's so cool! my major is lame. i'm majoring in teaching."

"that's cool too why you playing. you might end up teaching vincent."

i smiled at the thought of watching him grow up. i love that little boy like he's my own brother.