𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝘨𝘪𝘢

i woke up to a weight on my chest. i opened my eyes and saw i was still in jack's room. i must've fallen asleep.

i look down and saw that jacks head was on my chest. his hoodie came off and his legs were tangled with mine.

this was comfortable, like really comfortable. but it was wrong.

i felt like i was disrespecting mrs. gilinsky and he trust in me.

i sat up some, causing jack to stir, but i laid his head down on a pillow and he relaxed again.

i walked out of his room and went into vincent's. he was still cuddled up with his stuffed animals in his race car bed. i smiled a little then decided to take a shower.

once i got out i went into the guest room and took some clothes out of the closet. the only clothes i packed were nice clothes incase i decided to do something with vincent.

i put on some leggings and a sweatshirt from my community college. i grabbed some socks then went to make breakfast.

as i was cooking pancakes i heard light footsteps. i turned around expecting vincent but it was jack. his hair was all messed up and he had taken off his hoodie.

"goodmorning sleeping beauty." i said jokingly. he groaned.

i handed him my cup of coffee, he seemed to need it more than me.

"you left me in my cold bed all alone." he said after he took a sip.

"cry me a river." i flipped some pancakes then put them all on one plate. i put them in the oven so they'd stay warm while i cooked some eggs. vincent loves eggs.

"gg!" i heard down the hall.

"watch these." i gave jack the spatula and walked to vincent's room.

"goodmorning snuggle bug." i said moving his hair out of his face.

"did you make pancakes?"

"of course."

"and eggs?"

"how could i not? they're your favorite." he smiled and jumped into my arms.

i walked into the kitchen with him on my hip and his head on my shoulder. i walked up behind jack and tapped his shoulder.

he smiled then gave me the spatula back. i scrabbled the eggs while holding vincent. my phone started ringing on the counter. before i could grab it jack already answered.

"hey momma. yeah she's right here. yeah he's awake. we're making breakfast. y'all are about to get on a plane? i can't hear you that great. oh okay. well bye bye. love you too." then he hung up.

"who do you think you are answering my phone?" i asked as i sat vincent down in a chair.

"well it was my mom and i have more right than you. so ha." he said.

i rolled my eyes and made them their plates. i set the plates down in front of them along with syrup.

i made my plate then sat down with them. we all just ate in silence.

"so gg what are we doing today?" vincent asked.

"whatever you wanna do."

"can we go to the park?"

"sure thing."

once we finished eating i told vincent to go change clothes while i washed the dishes.

"i'm probably gonna hang out with the boys."

"okay." he seemed surprised and was silent for a minute.

"not gonna try to convince me to come?"

"it's not like you're leaving anytime soon. plus, i don't know if i want you to come." i said flicking some water on him.

"well since my presence isn't wanted, present i shall be." i rolled my eyes and groaned dramatically.

"just can't get enough of me can you?" i asked turning around and leaning on the counter.

he took a step forward and looked down at me. he slid his finger tips down my arm, giving me chills.

"nope." then he turned around and went into his room.

boys are so hormonal. first skate and now jack? they must not be getting any.

i put on some vans then grabbed my car keys.

"let's go!"

both boys followed me out of the door and into my car. vincent sat in his booster seat and buckled himself in. jack sat in the passenger seat.

we listened to the radio on the way to the park.

when we got there vincent hopped out and ran to the playground. i watched him as i shut and locked the doors.

"that little boy loves you." jack said.

"he loves you more."

"i can honestly say i disagree. the way he's so attached to you. he's never been that attached to me."

"it's just because i'm a girl. younger boys are easily attachable to female figures that remind them of their mom. i'm kinda like a back up mom for vincent i guess. he'll get closer to you as he grows up." jack nodded.

"i'm glad he has you. since mom and dad are always away on business or dealing with my sisters they haven't been home much. i hate that he's growing up different than we all did. i wish they could be there more for him."

"i understand. it does kinda punch me in the heart when i'm tucking vincent in when he's half asleep and he calls me mama." jack chuckled.

he looked over at me and said,

"you'll make a great mom one day."

i looked back at him.

"i hope so."