1

The sounds of Adora's chains on her bike rumbled the whole way to Brightmoon. Luckily the distance from her house to her plain school wasn't too long, it took about eight minutes to get there if she didn't have to stop at any lights.

Today was the first day of her last year at highschool.

In her mind, their was excitement with a pinch of fear, as any other highschool student would have on their first day. Unless you were the popular kids, also known as "The Horde". Which come to think of it, maybe popular isn't the right word. They were more like rebels who no one would mess with. Anyhow, that's not important. At least not right now. Right now, the only thing important to Adora was finding her short girlfriend.

Adora parked her bike and locked it up, listening to nearby conversations. Usually, she doesn't pay much mind to other people's words. But it was different. What they were talking about intrigued her.

"Did you hear about the new girl? I heard she's a hot mess dude. But like actually hot."

"She's probably just another nobody, just like the last new kid. All I know is she better not get in my way, this year in not letting no scum get in my way."

"Whoever she is, we should give her the 'formal' Brightmoon Welcome."

Snickers and groans filled the air as Adora walked towards her locker. For some reason, all she could think about was this new girl. Will she be kind? Or will she harass her and her friends all year long? Who is she, anyway? What kind of person switches schools their senior year?

As she was getting ready to leave her locker to find her friends, a hand slammed her locker closed. Rattling her focus out of her thoughts and back into the real world.

She turned to the being who closed her locker, happy to see it was just her purple haired lover.

"Do I know you?" Adora snickered, "How rude to just close a locker that's not yours."

"Oh my! My dearest apology. I simply was trying to kill the lice that fell out of your hair!" The smaller figure giggled.

Adora glared and soon after joined in on her laughing. "Very funny, Glimmer."

The two caught up as they walked to the rest of their friends. They held hands and brushed each others thumbs as they talked about how amazing summer vacation was. Their best friend, Bow, got a car over break and would drive them up north every once a month. So many fun memories were made in his dad's cabin. Some not so appropriate, too. But come on, what did you expect from some teenagers?

Once they saw their beloved friends, everything was perfect. Until Adora starting thinking back to earlier. She was never this curious about a new kid before, so why now? Is it because she didn't want anything or anyone to ruin her last year of highschool? She couldn't put her finger on it. No matter how many times someone would snap her back into reality, her mind would just keep going back to the new kid. Over and over again.

The first day flew by, and yet that thought still didn't leave Adora's mind. She hasn't even seen this person, let alone know their name. So why, and how on earth are they distracting her so much?