University

It was happening. FINALLY!! 5 years of living life to its fullest without parents there to hold me back. In a funny way I had been waiting for this day my whole life.

I knew I'd miss them, that the adrenaline that was keeping me from going on was going to run out and disappear. But fuck it really. My family were always a weird bunch.

My younger sister has always been the 'popular kid' at school. She started wearing makeup when she was 5 and it progressed into shoes, handbags, jewellery and then boys. I'm always the older and more responsible sister which means any trouble that my sister gets into always seem to be put on me. As a kid I was more interested in receiving good grades so that I could become an 'independent woman' and be able to support myself financially. Unlike my sister, I do have some goals to reach in my life.

My parents have given up on my sister and have decided to target me instead by telling me what I 'should' be doing as my future career and what I should be studying. But I decided that I knew what I wanted to do and chose to take psychology further, into uni.

So here I was, putting the last few items into the back of my little fiat.

"Remember to call me everyday, okay Amy?"

"Sure, mum"

"And don't get yourself into any trouble. One more thing, DON'T LET ANY OF THE GUYS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU OKAY??!!"

"Ohmigawd! Okay dad!!"

"Good luck darling! We'll be on that Skype thing all night! Settle in well."

"Thanks mum. Where's Jade gone off to?"

"I'm here"

"Jade, lay off that dude Jake and please for my sake take care of yourself"

"Yeah, whatever. Can I take some of your old school books cuz I have some exam tomorrow and I haven't revised at all?"

"Sure. Okay! Bye guys!!!"

"BYE!!"

I hugged each and everyone of them and then I turned around to face my little fiat and with trembling hands, I opened the doors and was on my way to my uni life.