Blackouts

Chapter 1 | Blackouts

   Izuku Midoriya, aka "Deku." The, originally quirkless, future hero in training. Everyone had high expectations for him, and he was ready to meet them all. Except for one problem; ever since the attack on the USJ training facility, he had been randomly blacking out, and then waking up in odd places. For example, one time he blacked out in the middle of Chemistry class, and woke up outside the teacher's lounge. When he checked inside, no one was there. That's another thing; when he "wakes up", there's never anybody around to ask about what happened.  "Alright, class dismissed. Leave." Mr. Aizawa spoke, breaking Izuku out of his trance.

He started gathering his things, getting ready for the awkward conversation about to ensue. Once he reached the teacher's podium, he spoke up. "Umm, Mr. Aizawa?"

He replied,"What is it? Did you get into trouble again or something?"

"A-actually," I continue, startled by his response,"I wanted to ask you about something." This gained a look of concern from the fatherly-figure. "I've been blacking out lately, and when I wake up there's never anyone around. Also, it usually happens in random places, like outside the campus, in class, and even at home."

"That is odd... I'll make sure to look into it. Now go eat lunch."

The green-haired boy decided to leave it at that and left. On his way however, he blacked out again.

Katsuki Bakugou, or "Kacchan," according to Izuku Midoryia. That name had always pissed the young blonde off, yet he didn't know why. He didn't like how every time the useless Deku called him that name, his heart started to race. Blood would pump directly into his face, and he hated it. He hated how he was the only person to make him feel vulnerable.

"Oof!" While walking to lunch lost in his thoughts, a certain freckle-face ran into him. "Oops! My bad!" He said in a condescending way, that didn't quite sound like him. Katsuki couldn't put it into words, but it definitely wasn't him. His red eyes squinting when he smiled and held out his hand told him he was right.

He hit "Izuku's" hand away from his, his red eyes sizzling with rage. "The fuck is wrong with you? You should know better than to look down on me!" Quick bursts of explosions blew from his hands as he got up and charged at the smaller teen.

However, he didn't manage to land the hit. Before he even started moving, "Izuku" had already begun to dodge his move. "Oh Bakugou, you never change." He grabbed his wrist and twisted it around his back with his other hand keeping his neck from moving. "You're always so predictable." A wide, sickeningly sinister grin settled itself on his face.

Katsuki didn't like that. He didn't like it one bit. He was so used to seeing a cheerful smile no matter the circumstances-the same one that used to piss him off so badly. But the thing that made him the most distraught was the usage of "Bakugou" instead of "Kacchan". And the crazy thing is that he didn't even know why! He always hated that name, from the second it was given to him until... when did he stop resenting it? When had he become so used to the constant,"Kacchan, can I talk to you for a second?" that it stopped making him explode with rage?

Once "Izuku" let go of him, he just walked away. No apologies, no muttering, hell not even a,"Goodbye, Kacchan!" He would have chased after him and demanded a fight, if he wasn't so shocked. The quirkless Deku he knew never acted so calm, nor had he ever had red eyes. Maybe it was just in his head? Or could it have been the lighting?

When Izuku "woke up", he had his hand inside of All Might's desk in the teacher's lounge. He freaked out, wondering what he was doing here, when all of the sudden the door opened. He crouched down even more than he was at first, and silently closed the drawer and hid under said desk with his knees tightly pressed up against his chest. It was very uncomfortable for the small boy.

As soon as the unknown person walked in, they were already talking on the phone. "I know Shota, but it's supposed to be date night!" Present Mic, aka Hizashi Yamada stated. He continued his conversation with "Shota" while he did what Izuku thought was fiddling with papers, and seemingly left. After around half a minute of pure anxiety and painfully slow breaths-so much so that it actually hurt-he finally go up from his hiding spot.

However, as soon as he stood up, he noticed Mic standing right behind him. "So," he started,"what are you doing sneaking in the teachers lounge? And be honest."
There was a sudden long pause as the broccoli head struggled to find an answer. Why am I in here? He wondered.
Before he could muster out a sad excuse thought up entirely on the spot, Mic spoke,"You trying to get a soda from our vending machine young man?"
It's the perfect excuse! But it's wrong to lie... maybe I should just tell him the truth? No, he's not stupid. "Y-yes... I'm so sorry, Mr. Yamada! I swear to never do it again!" He lies. In reality, he had no idea what he was doing in there, or how long he had been snooping around.
"Alright, just don't do it again." Young Hizashi was usually rather laid-back when it came to rules, but if he catches you doing something really bad, he will get strict, and even raise his voice if he has to (though, that's not much of a change.)

Ochako Uraraka, aka "Uravity" groaned loudly. "When is Deku gonna get here? I'm so hungry~!"
"Why don't you just start eating without him?" Tenya Iida, aka "Ingenium" questioned the brunette's motives. He really didn't get why she couldn't just start her lunch. Besides, if she doesn't soon, she might not get to eat it all!
Just then, the freckled friend the two friends were just talking about walked in, nose bloody and broken, a black eye, and a headache-inducing, shit-eating grin on his face. As he swaggered in, everyone in class 1-A thought in unison, What the hell? Is that really Deku?

So, what did you think? This is my first fanfic in a while, so please give harsh criticism. Thanks for reading!